A new version of Rover is on it’s way out for beta testing. It should appear in a few hours in the Mission Planner (and other GCSs) using the “Beta Firmwares” link.
Changes vs Rover-3.2.0-rc1 are in the release-notes.txt but also written below:
- MOT_SKID_FRIC parameter allows increasing power for skid-steer vehicle pivot-turns
- Bug Fixes:
- speed nudging fix in AUTO mode
- throttle slew range fix (was slightly incorrect when output range was not 1100 ~ 1900)
- PID desired and achieved reported to GCS when GCS_PID_MASK param set to non-zero value
- use-pivot fix to use absolute angle error
Probably the change that people will appreciate the most is the MOT_SKID_FRIC parameter. If you’re using a skid-steering vehicle and have found that it won’t rotate on the spot well then please try increasing this parameter from 0 to 100 (or something in between).
There is still one important outstanding issue which is that in Auto mode the vehicle won’t do a pivot-turn at a waypoint. We are still working on this issue - it’s surprisingly challenging but I’m sure we will sort it out.
All feedback welcome, thanks for testing!