PX4Flow don't work

hello
for hard you can see that I used an OcPoc in which I run the Ardupilot Master Firmware I downloaded
Capture%20du%202018-04-27%2008-41-47

I configured the PX4flow as indicated in the wiki
in parity TESTING THE SENSOR http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html#testing-the-sensor

they say that normally when I connect the Pxhaw (in my case OcPoc) normally I will get opt_m_x, opt_m_y and an opt_qua values, and distance_ground.
I change the code a bit as you can see in the attached file so that it shows me in the console But I can not get the data
I could have the sensor bus as you see in the following picture,

I have 2 problems ???
1 do not get the valid ground clearance (always 444 or 454, whatever the distance) ?
2 the update function does not work ?

Hello
If you read the wiki, it is stated that in order to work correctly you have to install a rangefinder directly connected to the flight controler.

To flash the firmware it is easier to use QGroundControl

1 Like

as far as what you can see see that I used an OcPoc in which I am running the Ardupilot Master Firmware that I have downloaded
I loaded px4flow-klt-06Dec2014.px4 for the PX4flow as indicated in the wiki
in parity TEST THE SENSOR http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html#testing-the-sensor
They say I’m going to connect the Pxhawk (in my case OcPoc) I get opt_m_x directly, opt_m_y and opt_qua values. In APM Planner
it’s been 15 days that I’m trying to do
by launching the program in a gtkterm console or the APM planner console 2, I get that the px4flow is detected on bus 2
and by adding this line
hal.console-> printf ("pixel_flow_x =% d, pixel_flow_y =% d, opt.qual =% d \ n", frame.pixel_flow_x_integral, frame.pixel_flow_y_integral, frame.qual);
in the code of the timer function I get data that vary despite my optical flow does not move

1- How can I get correct data so that I can use the OcPoc and the sensor on the drone ???
2- how can I receive this data on APMplanner ???

thanks for any help

The signals that APM is processing are the opt_m_x & opt_m_y, if you can read them it should work, providing you supply a rangefinder distance signal, that you will see on the GCS as sonar distance

1 Like

thank you for your reply
yes that’s what it’s like, but in the PX4flow wiki you dont use any range finder yet, despite this you have retrieved not null data
So we will have to add a range finder for the data of the Px4flow opt_m_x & opt_m_y and the ground_distance provided by the Range finder will be visible in APM planner ???

Please read wiki carefully
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html#overview

‘‘Although the sensor may be supplied with a built-in Maxbotix LZ-EZ4 sonar to measure height, this has not been reliable enough over a range of surfaces in testing, so its readings are not used. It is recommended to purchase a PX4Flow device without the sonar…’’

Rangefinder distance signal will be showned under sonar

1 Like

yes I already read this article cent faith I know that I have to use an external telemeter to use the px4flow, I already buy a lidarlite v3
but i try to get the data opt_m_x & opt_m_y, in order to calibrate the sensor as indicate on http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-px4flow-overview.html#calibrating-the-sensor, it’s is why I asked you
https://discuss.ardupilot.org/uploads/default/original/3X/9/1/91359f64f15fbf2bfa762f8760a93b3c8ed0a171.png
is it normal that opt_m_x & opt_m_y change randomly as you can see in the screenshot???

thank you in advance

Are they really random ?
If you move up-down-up-down and left-right-left-right, are the x & y signals change accordingly ?

It would be much easier if you use Mission Planner because it is eaier to give support with common references.

hello @ppoirier ,as you said, I will add the lidar OcPoc and see if I can receive the data of PX4flow on APM planner

which is strange, as you can see in this photo, I just launched arducopter, and the PX4flow sensor is fixed in its position (vertical position facing the ceiling) but even so the data you see in the photo changes
is this change normal despite the fact that the sensor is frozen in this position ???

As I wrote before ;
Are they really random ?
If you SLIDE front-back-front and left-right-left-right, are the x & y signals change accordingly ?

1 Like

they’re not really random when I slide fore-back-forward-and-left-right-left-right, the x and y signals change accordingly
but in order to maintain the position the x & y signals must be null
in my case (see screenshot) despite the sensor is freeze this place, you can see x and y which vary (y, passes from 20 then 45 then 108 then 144 then 37 … it’s normal ???

Well Alex, I never really tried working with raw signal, what I can tell you is on Mission Planner you can read the movements looking at opt_m_x & opt_m_y . I think you should install Mission Planner so we can have common ground, and then I can help.

1 Like

I have already installed APM planner but then and following the steps
described on
I connect that PX4flow sensor as indicated in the wiki I can get on
the APM HUB data IMU (IMU integrated OcPoc), and I could not see
opt_m_x, opt_m_y and an opt_qua, and it is for that I debugged with a
terminal

I will connect this time the two sensors, PX4flow and lidar at the
same time (I think the problem comes from the fact that it takes a
distance sensor)
thank you so much @ppoirier

1 Like

hello @ppoirier
you are absolutely right
using the PX4flow on my OcPoc Zynq mini, I set the pramétre as indicated in the wiki (I flashed the PX4flow with QGC)
connection
I add lidar lite v3 with parameter RNGFND_TYPE = 15

but, when running APMplanner I have two problems:
1-The PX4flow data is displayed all nulls,
status

2-Lidar (sonarrange and sonarvoltage) do not appear on the HUB,

HUB_PX4flow%26lidar

so I add some printf to debug the code

I find that it detects well the sensor and they start to provide data
after a few seconds (30 sec) the lidar disconnects

can you help me please

This is probably cause but an insufficient power supply to the Lidar.
We recommand to allways feed the LIDAR with a dedicated UBEC (3-5Amps) and on my setups I add an additional 200-600uF Capacitor to filter output 5Vcc

As for the other issues please use Mission Planner, its the only way I can really help

hello @ppoirier
forr now, I do not have UBEC (3-5Amps)
by plugging these two sensors to the OcPoc which is powered via USB
even if the data are null in status but in mavlink inspector I receive data opt_m_x, opt_m_y, sometimes and other times the data becomes null again (I think it’s because of insufficient power)

in your opinion, this data is correct ???
But how do you use this data opt_m_x & opt_m_y for for automatic position keeping ???

thanks

As I wrote above dir you tested:

1 Like

yes, if I slide back and forth left-right-left-right, the opt_m_x & opt_m_y signals change accordingly

how do you use this data opt_m_x & opt_m_y for for automatic position keeping ???

Cool :slight_smile: then get back to the wiki, enable OF in EKF , proceed with calibration and test flight
What about rangefinder, is it stable now ?

1 Like

hello @ppoirier
I do not know if because of the insufficient power supply (two sensors connect to the OcPoc) and that the OcPoc is powered via USB,
I can not go to the calibration step, because the data opt_m_x & opt_m_y, do not display continuously over time, sometimes one of the two goes to zero, sometimes both, every second,
see the following screenshots

I will try to feed the OcPoc with a battery (according to their site, if you connect several sensors to the ocpoc, it is advisable to use a battery)

• and as for the Lidar (I tentatively try to feed it with a GPIO pin of a Raspberry pi3 (5v and the GND)) but I still can not get lidar data on APMplanner
  • and if I connect it directly to the OcPoc via the cable i2c, on a terminal I always see that after a moment of operation (30 seconds ~ 40 seconds) the Lidar disconnects and displays a message that I add to the code here (PX4Flow don't work)