Topic:Bounty for Easy-to-use ROS images for RPI3
Proposal type: Software
Planned amount $$ (USD): $500 bounty
ArduPilot (in particular Copter) supports ROS via mavros but very few developers realise this. The best documentation we have is somewhere on the Erle Robotics site (http://erlerobotics.com/blog/).
To improve ArduPilot’s adoption amongst robotics developers familiar with ROS we should create:
- a Ready-to-use image for an RPI3 which runs ROS and connects to a Pixhawk. When the RPI3 and Pixhawk are started up, ROS should start and connect to the pixhawk without any need for input from the user.
- Scripts and/or detailed description on how the image was created (i.e. what packages installed, all changes made)
- Create single ROS setup page on the wiki (or word document that can be added to the wiki) describing
- hardware connection diagram RPi3 <-> Pixhawk (or other common flight controller)
- short video showing it in operation
- Links to image, setup scripts, relevant ROS tutorials
- any other advice to help developers get started with ROS
Estimated time for completion: a few days perhaps
Details / Plan for implementation:
This project should be posted as an issue in the issues list, with a new category “Bounty” with clear indication of $500 bounty. Randy will decide whether it fulfills the requirements. This will be paid upon delivery by paypal.
INFO: For details about Proposals see About the funding proposals category