Precisions on loading a custom map

Hello, I am trying to load a custom map in Mission Planner,

I have read the two main topics on the subject (just below) and I am facing issues.
Custom Imagery in Mission Planner
Custom Maps in Mission Planner

When I use Global Mapper, I am able to load tiles from geotiff files as shown in M. Oborne tutorial, it works well with the default zoom proposed by the software, however, when I want to export with x20 zoom for Mission Planner, Global Mapper can’t manage to export the file (it is not so important, but good to notice).

When I try to load a custom map using GDAL, I have superposition issues between the maps I just loaded and the default map:

I know that Mission Planner uses the WGS84 standard, I only use downloaded geotiff file from sources I found on the forum, so I don’t know if geotiff files use this standard and if the issue is linked to this.

Is anybody able to identify the problem ? Could someone provide me with a custom map which is well suited for MissionPlanner to try with “Custom GDAL” and see if it comes from my downloaded maps ?

It tried with geotiff of over 1 GB size, but some seems not to be loaded at all, is there a limit to the .tif size MissionPlanner accepts ?

I could use tiles but I can’t purchase Global Mapper for the moment. If someone has a tutorial to export tiles from a free software to use then “Inject GE”, it may be a solution.

Sorry for my english and thank you in advance

loupdmer

Hi there. Did you have any success with this. also having similar problems?

Many thanks

please define the projection of the source image.