Plane 4.1.0 beta

Just before the reason 39 happened there was a reason 2, which is GCS_COMMAND.

2021-09-18 03:21:49.479 MODE {TimeUS : 432292263, Mode : 10, ModeNum : 10, Rsn : 2}
2021-09-18 03:21:51.900 MODE {TimeUS : 434712872, Mode : 11, ModeNum : 11, Rsn : 2}
2021-09-18 03:21:51.900 MODE {TimeUS : 434713042, Mode : 21, ModeNum : 21, Rsn : 39}
2021-09-18 03:21:51.900 MODE {TimeUS : 434713227, Mode : 21, ModeNum : 21, Rsn : 39}
2021-09-18 03:21:51.900 MODE {TimeUS : 434713246, Mode : 21, ModeNum : 21, Rsn : 2}

So the sequence was:

• auto takeoff
  • GCS command which triggers RTL mode change
  • RTL converts to QRTL due to Q_RTL_MODE=1

Do you have the tlog? That would tell us exactly what the GCS command was.

yes, you need to set SERVOn_FUNCTION to -1 (which means GPIO) for the AUX channel you are using as a button. Have you done that?

1 Like

@tridge thanks very much. I have not done that yet and will give it a go later in the day. I must have missed that in my reading of the documentation.

{EDIT} That did indeed cure the problem. Thanks! I also found I wasn’t as delinquent as I thought since I couldn’t find any mention of having to do that in the docs for Ardupilot. Works now :slightly_smiling_face:

I have set the log parameter and do several flight today,the first of the two flight is using EKF3,.Then I reset the FC using EKF2.

I download the log in sd card,but I found the log file size is very small ,even smaller as usual.
please download the replay log
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k7NSj-uQcV8uY20GZwxuhFvEOF6ZYnpf?usp=sharing

Please also check that firmware 4.1 support rally point ,because I can’t find out where to set a rally point in mission planner,I have try several version of mission planner.I can find out where to set rally point in mission planner before connect to FC,but it disappear after connect to FC.

@tridge

Try this:

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-rally-points.html#rally-points

Thanks! Log 000000003.bin reproduces the issue nice, and replay works. I’ve opened an issue for Paul Riseborough to look at here:

The dataflash log should also have that information in MAVC

Is the implication that you can interleave PWMs and GPIOs now? Previously all GPs had to be at the end.

Thanks,what is the version of mission planner do you used,

Latest beta version.

Good catch; I didn’t see that. Here’s the tlog. this takeoff is at about 90.17%.

yes, that was the main reason for the change

1 Like

Fantastic! Glad I found out about this! I was seeing the RC 1-10 printouts but couldn’t understand the significance.

@tridge, I still have one issue with beta. Yaapu telemetry is incorrectly reporting flight modes on the RadioMaster. E.g: FBWA is displaying RAttitude. AutoTakeoff is displaying Loiter.
Also when I turn off my transmitter the mode does not change to RTL. This is a red flag!

I am using Crossfire Nanao Rx and fully feature Crossfire module.
FC = F765-Wing.

Any suggestions?

From the picture you posted,it seems it doesn’t connect to FC now。yes i also can see rally point setting by right click mouse before connect to Fc,but I can’t see the rally point setting when it’s connect to FC.
I ALSO use latest beta firmware.

I just tested with yaapu telem on my TX16S and it is fine. So possibly a CRSF issue?
@andyp1per can you comment?

The CRSF implementation of flight mode is simply AP_Notify::get_flight_mode_str() so that would have to be wrong for this to be broken. Maybe @yaapu does something different for passthrough?

For the failsafe I get an RC fail if I turn off my transmitter, are you saying that there is no detection of a lost transmitter at all?

@RizHass @tridge my widget also supports PX4 flightmodes when configured to do so, I’m pretty sure you have the “Enable PX4 flightmodes” option turned on in the config menu, PX4 is not ArduPilot :slight_smile:
This is reinforced by the fact that FBWA is plane mode 5 which in the PX4 mapping I use is RAttitude, so no issues here on the ArduPilot side!

Hi Andy, in passthrough we send the flight mode number and frame type number and it’s the widget to do the actual mode name lookup

@andyp1per, failsafe is not triggering when I turn off my transmitter. Any suggestion?