Plane 4.0 release

Anyone know how we’d go about setting up the WS2812B LEDs on an F405 Wing?

see this thread WS2812B (NeoPixel) Integration

So basically it doesn’t work right now?

1 Like

Control from scripting works, but rgb led mode seems to be broken.

Does scripting work on the F405-Wing? Didn’t think it had enough flash. Thinking about an F765 for that very reason. Thinking LUA so maybe talking about something different.

Not at the moment, but I am considering making it possible by having a build that includes only one of EKF2/EKF3, to save enough flash for scripting

Hello, I am configuring a Matek 765 with arduplane 4.0.0 and everything works fine, rssi, airspeed, compass etc … but channels 5 and 6 do not work. I have re-signed the firmware, configured three times and the servos I connect do not work.

I have checked welds and everything seems fine.

Does anyone know if there is any firmware problem? I have read more people with problems in those servo outputs.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=43137517&postcount=251

Greetings and I hope you can help me.

I just found that it is a firmware problem and that they are solving it. Is that so? My English is bad, I’m sorry.

I guess so, but I think I saw something someday that they already have one of the beta versions of 4.0 with that solved, I haven’t tried it yet… I prefer to live with it for now and wait for the version 4.1 stable, I am pretty sure that this issue will come solved

Cheers

That was my fault, and I will fix this in plane 4.0.1. If you’d like to test master (download ‘latest’ firmware from firmware.ardupilot.org) you could test the fix now
Cheers, Tridge

You mean this firmware?

http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Plane/latest/MatekF765-Wing/

Yes, that’s the one.

Hi,
Can you tell when this next stable version will be available?
Thanks

I expect to do a beta in a couple of days

Ok, so, for a stable version will be like a week or 2 more depending on the beta results?

Hi,

Great work on releasing such a big update.
I’m keen to try it but have a quick question.
Can you tell me if there are any changes to the Batt2 configuration. I can’t calibrate current under the previous version as the drop downs are different to Batt1 and don’t allow it?
The other thing I wanted to check was in post #30 you said regarding parameter conversion,
“So load 3.9.11, load your old parameters, then load 4.0.0beta2 and during boot it will automatically convert your parameters.”
I am currently running a previous version (3.9.10). If I just load 4.0.0 does this definitely just convert the parameters automatically? (this is how I’m reading it). I assume that the “bad idea” would be to load 4.0.0 first and THEN load the old parameters from 3.9.10?

Thanks

Mike

Any news on when we can use 2 x Here2 gps units on CAN 1 and CAN 2 ?

I understand that in post #69, it says that the current 4.0 already includes the betas and therefore can be updated without load parameteres from backup

I just tried it and it works fine

that should work already. What happens when you try it?

I’ve just released plane 4.0.1beta1. Changes are:

• Added Q_ASSIST_ALT parameter which offers a way for VTOL assistance at low altitudes
  • fixed channels 5 and 6 on the MatekF765-Wing
  • fixed a bug with sending data on a full UART in mavlink parameter download
  • added TECS_LAND_PMIN for constraining pitch minimum during landing
  • fixed use of UAVCAN primary GPS with UART secondary GPS
  • fixed failover between rangefinders of same orientation
  • added RC option for TAKEOFF mode
  • fixed logging of current on secondary battery monitors
  • fixed register checking on DPS280 for mRoControlZeroF7
  • added clock panel to OSD
  • fixed B/E led brightness on Pixhawk4
  • support RTCM injection to UAVCAN GPS for RTK support

Happy flying!