Attendee count (max): 22
- Matt has the test heli for the autorotation
- Has also been arranging stuff with Ryan for a heli in Canberra
- General oo-ing and aah-ing about the tiny little helicopter
UTC1102 - Welcome to Braedon
- Arizona company doing aircraft inspections
UTC1103 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12852
UTC1104 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12846
- Adding dynamic notch filter to Plane
- Was Copter only
- One parameter was exposed as a uint8_t, now exposed as a boolean
- Using one filter on the vertical lift motors, the other on the forward motor
- Sheep-shearing facility did not smell of sheep
- Randy’s keen to merge it.
UTC1107 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12844
- Two F9 GPS with Rover and Base and you end up with yaw input
- Being able to fall back to compass in case of GPS loss would be good
- Need to wait until MdB is on the call as it
- EKF3_MAG_CAL to 5 means yaw comes in externally
- No option to fall back to normal compass in the EK3 code
- No UART required between the GPS units
- Just plug in the GPSs to the flight controller
UTC1110 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12836
- Don’t show parameters for serial ports that don’t exist
- A whole bunch of #ifdefs in serial manager
- For a board that only has 3 uarts we stop showing 3+ sets of inappropriate parameters
- CAN/Serial bridges - don’t have them yet, so not relevant
- Serial8 is coming on a new flight controller
UTC1113 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12796
- AP_Arming prearm check for terrain allocation failure
- We can allocate memory in many, many places now
- So catch some places where allocation has failed.
- This is the first example
- Mark’s EKF failure PR is another
- Our past pattern of setting parameters to zero when initialisation fails is now considered an anti-pattern
- Stop doing that
- And consider trying to eliminate current instances
- AP_Avoidance, navek2 and navekf3, quadplane all need fixing
- Two places in each of navekf2 and navekf3
- Need to get this sort of thing into backports
UTC1120 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12829
- Circle mode changes
- Use roll stick to control circle direction and speed
- Use pitch stick to increase/decrease the radius
- Rate is limited to 90 degrees per second
- Any limit required on radius?
- Bitmask option to enable this?
- Confusing with reposition?
- Radio tuning parameter
- Rc6 can increase/decrease the circle rate
- Having this set eliminates the stick input
- Use an RC channel option to switch between adjusting circle rates vs position?
- Very rough control when working with very large circles?
- degrees/second can mean a lot of tangential velocity out there
- Currently a very gentle increase/decrease in speed
- Increase in radius and not increasing speed?
- Could lose control
- Recalculation doesn’t work very well when changing the radius/speed
- Can cause short-cutting across the circle
- Leonard’s feed-forward circle changes will conflict with this
- Not well-used
- Randy will review
- Need to make sure it is stable as speed is increased
- Small radius, large radius
- Stick inputs scaled by radius?
- To parameter or not to parameter?
- Don’t scope-creep this PR to add the circle-centre-moving!
- Need an upper limit on circle radius
- Options bitmask for enable-speed-change and enable-radius-change-on-stick
- Three for both features
- Would need another bit to enable repositioning the circle
UTC1137 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12835
- If you have a GPS which does its own logging and you’ve asked it to log then treat that as we do our current onboard logging
- uBlox stuff still coming
- Confusing bits?
- There are already different statustext bits
- If one goes wrong while you’re flying then there’s no disam
- Can be pushed in once methods are renamed to match the ones on Logger
UTC1146 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12844
- Back to uBlox moving baseline configuration
- MdB has a pending review
- A few tweaks and errors to fix
- So no pushing/merging just yet!
UTC1147 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12775
- Remove the is-zeros
- An optimisation
UTC1149 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12758
- Support wider range of frequencies
- Clock-multiple issues meant NeoPixels didn’t work
- These only work if you run them faster than they are spec’d
- Round-up vs round-down clocks
- Ws2812b strips
- Doesn’t change roundup/rounddown for d-shot
- Calculations done at startup, so the loops aren’t a huge concern
UTC1151 - LED question (off-script!)
- Some variant takes 32-bits
- Can take a parameter….
- 63 LEDs on a pin from some company
- So a larger mask is coming…
- Or maybe an arbitrary-number API
UTC1155 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12751
- Merging the simple fix
- Peter will continue to work on the more complicated fix, still with an eye on a backport to Plane stable
UTC0000 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12643
UTC0002 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12576
UTC0002 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12158
- Tridge had to run off
- PB to rebase
UTC0004 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11195
- Peter Hall still needs to look at it
- Actually, currently flying it in RealFlight
- Addiction-x flew really well
- Needs more testing!
- Merging would lead to more testing….
- Mark has some builds on Google Drive for people to test….
- Peter Hall will continue to look at it
UTC0006 - Mark and q-thr changes
UTC0010 - Copter update
- No huge progress
- Rc3 coming soon
- TMODE gps fix to come back in
- No RC before this comes back in
- Somebody checked and d-shot is working
- Still time to get minor features n
- E.g. Rob’s servo-testing stuff
UTC0011 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12509
- Rover update
- Rc3 is still the current one
- GPS issue means an rc4 is coming
UTC0015 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12838
- Calibration bug
- Mag cal on compasses aren’t working sometimes
- Off-diags and diags aren’t set
- It’s in 3.6 and 4.0 Copter
- Unsure when this first came in
- Unrelated to the auto-orientation code?
- People need to know, announcement to be made
- Solution is to do the calibration again and then check the results
UTC0021 - two votes for core developer team to address
UTC0040 - end