Plane 4.0 release

yes, I merged the WFQ scheduler for FrSky telem. I can’t see how that affects the OSD screen switch though.
Do you have FrSky telem enabled? Can you send me a tlog of 4.0.2 running, with attempts to switch screens?

ok have done
i did notice in the osd screen STREAM FROZEN warring after been ruining for some time

i am using https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra mavlink v946

ahh, ok, I had assumed you were using the built in SPI OSD.
How is screen switching done with minimosd? I assume it’s on a RC channel? Which channel for your setup?

just std minim Osd RC channel CH6

The only idea I have is if this is related to the change to FrSky telem. To test this idea I’ve built you two firmwares here:
http://uav.tridgell.net/yak54/
one firmware has the new WFQ change to FrSky telem, the other doesn’t. Can you please test both and confirm if one has the issue and the other doesn’t?

1 Like

I’ve just released plane 4.0.2beta2. This is a minor change over beta1. Changes are:

• fixed error on AHRS level trim in preflight calibration
  • fixed handling of SB without BUSY on I2Cv1 devices
  • update bootloaders to be more robust to unexpected data

If I get some good reports in and no new issues in the next few days then I expect to release 4.0.2, hopefully by the end of the week.

Happy flying!

OK i did some test on 2 planes
tested without WFQ on each plane after 3 mins stop working
tested with WFQ on each plane after 3 mins stop working
so went 4.0.1 works till i turn it off after 15 min
so i went back to 4.0.1.beta2 after 3 min stopped

then i seen flashing in OSD STREAM FROZEN where GPS data shows that is odd
so i was just about to turn it off i unplug USB cable then it started to work again
so it looks like when USB cable and mission planer is plug in and running it was stopping mavlink messages to tele2 port
Thank you for taking the time to help

thanks! so that rules out the WFQ patches. So we’re going to need to try a bunch of intermediate builds to try to find which patch broke this for you. I have looked through all the patches and I can’t see one that is a candidate.
Are you setup to build your own fw, or shall I generate a bunch of builds and get you to test each one in turn? I could generate 10 firmwares for example.

no i am not setup yet if you build them i will test
i should get off backside build it i am bit rusty and my old brain is pas it now
the last thing i was building my own stuff is when you where on the samba team lol

Here are a bunch of bisect firmwares for you to test:
http://uav.tridgell.net/yak54/
thanks for your patience with this. It really is a puzzle

ok let me begin

build 1 will not work at all missing mavlink data

build 2 starts to work then stops the get stream frozen

build 3 working for 2 min then get in osd stream overload will not change screen it takes 15 sec for it to change sometimes after 3min it freezes

build 4 osd not showing rssi and will not change

build 6 works fine changes screen all mavlink data but soon s i plug it in and connect to MP it stops
thats it for now have recharge the tx and plane

build 7 will not change screen no rssi for 5min

build 8 working but as soon as i connect MP it stream freezes

build 9 works till usb plug in to MP

build 10 All works fine till usb is plug into MP
this is one working good all mavlink data screen changes straight away got be HW issue i have tested with a PC and Laptop and usb plug into pc and laptop tested it with powered USB hub and one not powered Hub

I use 4.0 in quadplane but I don’t see COMPASS_ SCALE parameter.

this parameter is in 4.02beta1 but you comment updating to 4.0x

Unfortunately F765 servos 5 and 6 does not work. All other outputs work.
(MatekF765-Win 00260038 30385102 3935333, ChibiOS: 31fc3131, ArduPlane V4.0.2beta2 (46b36493))
Arduplane is configured as tri-tilt VTOL (reversed). Servo 1-3 are DShot for BLHELI ESCs of motors 1 to 3. According to the timers of F765 servo4 isn’t used. servo5/6 is assigned to function 39 (yaw tiltservos) .
Parameters: F765_S5S6_ISSUE.param (23.1 KB)

I have already switched to normal tiltrotor or simply put another function (elevator) at servo 5/6 - but it does not change anything. Does anyone have a tiltrotor with the F765?

Hello!
Is it possible to have Lost Pkane sound activated automatically after auto land?
Thanks!

I’ve now found the cause of this and have a fix for 4.0.2beta3
Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

@yak-54 I’m afraid I still haven’t found the cause of this issue. I will have another go at it soon, but I’m going to release beta3 without a fix, sorry

thank you for your time but don’t worry about i can live with it

Hi Andrew,

Are you able look at suppressing the “UC Node down” rpoert for the next beta?

Thank you
Alex