Plane 4.0 release

no i am not setup yet if you build them i will test
i should get off backside build it i am bit rusty and my old brain is pas it now
the last thing i was building my own stuff is when you where on the samba team lol

Here are a bunch of bisect firmwares for you to test:
http://uav.tridgell.net/yak54/
thanks for your patience with this. It really is a puzzle

ok let me begin

build 1 will not work at all missing mavlink data

build 2 starts to work then stops the get stream frozen

build 3 working for 2 min then get in osd stream overload will not change screen it takes 15 sec for it to change sometimes after 3min it freezes

build 4 osd not showing rssi and will not change

build 6 works fine changes screen all mavlink data but soon s i plug it in and connect to MP it stops
thats it for now have recharge the tx and plane

build 7 will not change screen no rssi for 5min

build 8 working but as soon as i connect MP it stream freezes

build 9 works till usb plug in to MP

build 10 All works fine till usb is plug into MP
this is one working good all mavlink data screen changes straight away got be HW issue i have tested with a PC and Laptop and usb plug into pc and laptop tested it with powered USB hub and one not powered Hub

I use 4.0 in quadplane but I don’t see COMPASS_ SCALE parameter.

this parameter is in 4.02beta1 but you comment updating to 4.0x

Unfortunately F765 servos 5 and 6 does not work. All other outputs work.
(MatekF765-Win 00260038 30385102 3935333, ChibiOS: 31fc3131, ArduPlane V4.0.2beta2 (46b36493))
Arduplane is configured as tri-tilt VTOL (reversed). Servo 1-3 are DShot for BLHELI ESCs of motors 1 to 3. According to the timers of F765 servo4 isn’t used. servo5/6 is assigned to function 39 (yaw tiltservos) .
Parameters: F765_S5S6_ISSUE.param (23.1 KB)

I have already switched to normal tiltrotor or simply put another function (elevator) at servo 5/6 - but it does not change anything. Does anyone have a tiltrotor with the F765?

Hello!
Is it possible to have Lost Pkane sound activated automatically after auto land?
Thanks!

I’ve now found the cause of this and have a fix for 4.0.2beta3
Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

@yak-54 I’m afraid I still haven’t found the cause of this issue. I will have another go at it soon, but I’m going to release beta3 without a fix, sorry

thank you for your time but don’t worry about i can live with it

Hi Andrew,

Are you able look at suppressing the “UC Node down” rpoert for the next beta?

Thank you
Alex

I’ve just released plane 4.0.2beta3. This releases includes the following fixes from beta2:

• fixed voltage scaling on CUAVv5Nano
  • fixed 10Hz NMEA output
  • fixed range check on RC channel selection
  • scale UART RX size with baudrate
  • default fast sampling enabled on first IMU for all capable boards
  • fixed bootloader flash alignment bug
  • fixed PWM 5 and 6 for MatekF765-Wing
  • support RM3100 compass on I2C

The bootloader fix is important for boards based on the STM32H7 (Durandal and CubeOrange). On these boards updating the bootloader could cause the board to be bricked. It is safe to update the bootloader with this beta release.

Happy flying!

1 Like

Thousand thanks Tridge. PWM 5 and 6 is working on MAtek F765-Wing.

Thanks. I was just going to ask if the nmea out has been fixed up to 4.0.2 beta 2 and the beta3 addressed that. Are there any parameters which adjust the affect the output of this? I’ve also noticed that it only shows six GPS on the output even when 12 are locked on the gps.

i would like to thank all the developers for all the hard work this year merry Christmas and happy new to all

Well I loaded beta 3 hoping for the nmea out to be fixed. It works even less now. Yesterday on 4.1.0 dev (8ca65356) it would work for the first minute and then it would stop outputting the data on nmea out. On 4.0.2 b3 it never even outputs anything.
Matek 765 wing.

whcih uart are you using? I have a 765 wing I can test on. Send me the full params and I’ll load it to test

thanks!
Merry Christmas to all ArduPilot users!

I still have problem (only plays a roll at Tiltrotor VTOLS) with the F765 (4.0.2beta2 and 3) : With the tiltrotor with coninous yaw servo (Q_TILT_TYPW=0, SERVOx_FUNCTION 39), the servo output cannot be permanently parameterized. With each boot, SERVOx_MID, MAX and MIN are resetted to 1000(MID and MIN), MAX(2000). Interestingly, the behavior does not occur with the Pixhawk.
F765 Parameterfile:Para24.param (23.1 KB)

Matek F765 and TriTilt VTOL: Yaw Servo Parameters MID/MIN/MAX are reset when booting · Issue #13092 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

Merry Christmas