Plane 4.0 release

see this thread WS2812B (NeoPixel) Integration

So basically it doesn’t work right now?

1 Like

Control from scripting works, but rgb led mode seems to be broken.

Does scripting work on the F405-Wing? Didn’t think it had enough flash. Thinking about an F765 for that very reason. Thinking LUA so maybe talking about something different.

Not at the moment, but I am considering making it possible by having a build that includes only one of EKF2/EKF3, to save enough flash for scripting

Hello, I am configuring a Matek 765 with arduplane 4.0.0 and everything works fine, rssi, airspeed, compass etc … but channels 5 and 6 do not work. I have re-signed the firmware, configured three times and the servos I connect do not work.

I have checked welds and everything seems fine.

Does anyone know if there is any firmware problem? I have read more people with problems in those servo outputs.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=43137517&postcount=251

Greetings and I hope you can help me.

I just found that it is a firmware problem and that they are solving it. Is that so? My English is bad, I’m sorry.

I guess so, but I think I saw something someday that they already have one of the beta versions of 4.0 with that solved, I haven’t tried it yet… I prefer to live with it for now and wait for the version 4.1 stable, I am pretty sure that this issue will come solved

Cheers

That was my fault, and I will fix this in plane 4.0.1. If you’d like to test master (download ‘latest’ firmware from firmware.ardupilot.org) you could test the fix now
Cheers, Tridge

You mean this firmware?

http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Plane/latest/MatekF765-Wing/

Yes, that’s the one.

Hi,
Can you tell when this next stable version will be available?
Thanks

I expect to do a beta in a couple of days

Ok, so, for a stable version will be like a week or 2 more depending on the beta results?

Hi,

Great work on releasing such a big update.
I’m keen to try it but have a quick question.
Can you tell me if there are any changes to the Batt2 configuration. I can’t calibrate current under the previous version as the drop downs are different to Batt1 and don’t allow it?
The other thing I wanted to check was in post #30 you said regarding parameter conversion,
“So load 3.9.11, load your old parameters, then load 4.0.0beta2 and during boot it will automatically convert your parameters.”
I am currently running a previous version (3.9.10). If I just load 4.0.0 does this definitely just convert the parameters automatically? (this is how I’m reading it). I assume that the “bad idea” would be to load 4.0.0 first and THEN load the old parameters from 3.9.10?

Thanks

Mike

Any news on when we can use 2 x Here2 gps units on CAN 1 and CAN 2 ?

I understand that in post #69, it says that the current 4.0 already includes the betas and therefore can be updated without load parameteres from backup

I just tried it and it works fine

that should work already. What happens when you try it?

I’ve just released plane 4.0.1beta1. Changes are:

• Added Q_ASSIST_ALT parameter which offers a way for VTOL assistance at low altitudes
  • fixed channels 5 and 6 on the MatekF765-Wing
  • fixed a bug with sending data on a full UART in mavlink parameter download
  • added TECS_LAND_PMIN for constraining pitch minimum during landing
  • fixed use of UAVCAN primary GPS with UART secondary GPS
  • fixed failover between rangefinders of same orientation
  • added RC option for TAKEOFF mode
  • fixed logging of current on secondary battery monitors
  • fixed register checking on DPS280 for mRoControlZeroF7
  • added clock panel to OSD
  • fixed B/E led brightness on Pixhawk4
  • support RTCM injection to UAVCAN GPS for RTK support

Happy flying!