The ArduPilot development team is delighted to announce the release of 3.8.5. This fixes includes only a very small number of changes to maximise stability. We will separately be announcing the start of the 3.9.0 beta release series soon which includes major changes.
The changes in 3.8.5 over 3.8.4 are:
- fixed an issue where the external safety button can activate in flight on some boards, causing them to crash. A new parameter BRD_SAFETYOPTION is added which controls the behaviour of the safety button. The default is to de-activate the safety button when armed.
- fixed default orientation of ICM-20948 compass for Here GPS
- added support for dual airspeed sensors, allowing for basic failover to a 2nd sensor if a first sensor fails, or for testing a new sensor against an existing sensor
- added support for the SDP33 airspeed sensor. This is still considered experimental. There are reports of it underestimating the aircrafts speed at higher altitudes.
- add support for the MS5525 airspeed sensor on multiple I2C addresses. Two new values of the ARSDP_TYPE are introduced (4 and 5) for specific I2C addresses. This allows you to deconflict the MS5525 from a MS5611 barometer on the same bus.
- fixed a bug when switching from fixed wing flight to QSTABILIZE in tailsitters which could cause zero throttle for 2 seconds. Thanks to Marco for reporting this bug.