Pixhawk2.1 motors won't run

ok, I’ve got the motors responding properly, but the Pixhawk wont boot off of just battery.
I have to connect to USB first, then plug in battery, then remove USB and all is green…

I’ve never seen that problem before!
Can you describe what the Cube does when you apply power normally? (LEDs, buzzer etc). Also, turn on 'log while disarmed’and post the log.

Everything seems to be all systems go. I’ll be doing my test flight when the snow is gone. I think it was the battery fail safe causing the issue.
Thanks for all who helped!

Hello,
I’[m still having problems with the motors. If I arm the motors, they start beeping and vibrating. When the safety switch is pressed, the motors turn on and stay at one speed. The motor test works fine, they all do what their supposed to. I just cant get any normal throttle response.

hi try to calibrate speed control

You need to provide more detail: what type of esc, what outputs they’re plugged into, and your parameter file.

I’m using Emax BL_Heli 40a escs. I’ve just read somewhere that its not compatible with PX4.

Can anyone recommend a ESC 40-50a that is compatible with Pixhawk 2.1 Cube?

I can’t comment on compatibility with px4 (you’d need to visit the px4 forum to ask about that), but they are compatible with ArduPilot and the Cube.
I still need some more information though.
Are they plain blheli, or blheli_s or blheli_32?
What outputs are they connected to?

They are normal Emax BLheli 40a escs
The motors are Emax 650 Kv
I have them connected through outputs 1-4.
The Taranis is bound to a L9R receiver
My Spektrum DX9 + a bound satellite the channels work, but I need the range of the X9D transmitter.