Notice - A $2?9 Mini Android Controller from SIYI - 10 KM Range @ 1080P 180 ms, 8-core CPU

By the way, English in “SIYI TX” will be improved in the next update as well and we are trying to support multi-languages

Thanks for the update Frank
I will ignore the flight controller part. But @TrichoPilot issue with the switch is a concern is it not.

Yes, but Frank will find a solution :slightly_smiling_face:

Agreed. He has been awesome.
I also agree with you about the feel of this unit. It fits nice in the hand. It’s heavier than I expected.
I have a drone I am going to put this into as soon as the new flight controller arrives.

I feel the same way, I’m still waiting for my center plates for my new copter (this time I’ll have them milled). With the last copter I “milled out” the center plates by hand with the Dremel myself. Then just install my components (brackets and adapters are 3D printed) and then you can start “programming” or then carry out the first test flight.

What are you building…Got any pictures. Love to see what your doing.
This is what the MK15 is going on when the new flight controller arrives.
Also looking into whether I can change out the antenna. These things are huge.

1 Like

I work in the agricultural sector. Here is a picture of the CAD model (arms are folded) of my new “Trichocopter 2021”. Except for the carbon parts and the electronics, I designed everything myself.

The camera goes where the “black plate” is in front.

Best regards
Mike

2 Likes

Here are two more videos in which the copter can be seen in action (application of Trichogramma for biological pest control of the European corn borer).

Tichogramma Ausbringung 2018

Tichogramma Ausbringung 2020

1 Like

That is really cool.
I like it. Nice job on the 3d work

1 Like

Wow that thing flies really nice.
Can’t wait to see how it works with the SIYI Mk15

In most countries the power is severely limited (as you say) when dealing with old fashioned basic analogue signals. There’s exceptions, or different rules for digital transmissions with channel hopping and other features, and a suitably different power limit.

@fingadar is right, under CE rules, 5.8 GHz is not ideal. SIYI will make a 2.4 GHz version of MK15 very a bit later and should use that version for passing CE.

Today I tested a bit the 2.4ghz datalink, I’m very impressed. Pushed the airplane to 1000mt altitude (in a safe zone) directly overhead and with all antennas vertical, a challenging condition, but the link was stable, and mission planner sad 60% strength.
I’ll test the range on a less windy day.
For now, I’m very happy with this product, but the serial baud rate is 57600, instead of the advertised 115200, not a big problem.

Thanks for your feedback, Alessandro.
The 2.4G Datalink is one of SIYI’s early models. Glad that it meet with your requirement. The latest SIYI datalink technology is applied on an RC radio module FM30, some customers tested 50 km on a model plane.
SIYI FM30 50KM Range Test

Regarding the baud rate, it depends on your flight controllers. For most SIYI radiso, if your flight controller supports 115200, then please feel free to choose 115200 in SIYI TX app. It seems not to be the same way on the 2.4G Datalink, let me check with the team.

Dear Community,

Gladly that MK15 English user manual is ready today. Welcome to refer to the manual for learning and testing. You can find it in the Google Drive link along with updated product description and other materials.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yFk_Wb039xnR1uEdDX4iIys6J1CoyCk4?usp=sharing

The manual is just version 1.0. It solves most basic questions customers may ask for using MK15 system properly. If you find any missing information or you require more detail on specific usage, please feel free to contact us.

2 Likes

Downloaded and giving it a look…thanks Frank

What is the transmission power of the MK15 in the 5.8 Ghz band?
Do I understand correctly and there will still be a 2.4 Ghz version of the MK15?

500 mW / 27 dBm which is completely legal under FCC rules.

That’s right!

Perhaps under FCC rules, but under LBT (EU) rules a maximum of 25mW in the 5.8 Ghz band is allowed.
At least that’s how I know it from the FPV guidelines.

I think 25mW only applies to analog video signals, digital signals are different.