Notice - A $2?9 Mini Android Controller from SIYI - 10 KM Range @ 1080P 180 ms, 8-core CPU

Situation in Germany
In Germany, FPV transmitters are only allowed within the 5.8 GHz band:

in a range from 5725 to 5875 MHz
with a maximum of 25 mW EIRP

When it comes to digital broadcast, I don’t know the exact guidelines. As far as I know, DJI uses both bands (2.4 and 5.8 Ghz) to transmit the RC signals and the picture.

It’s the same situation in Austria, 25mW analog at 5.8Ghz and 10mW at 2.4Ghz

Austria …
… you could also have a conversation in German :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Frank,
If I may suggest, it is good if user can adjust the power output using software like the Frsky R9M. For example we can adjust from 23 dB to 30 dB. I think this feature is excellent. Is it possible that user can also adjust the frequency (1.3GHz, 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz.).
Thank you…

That would be nice if that would work, but I don’t think so. Only Frank can answer that for us.

@Vabe
Do you know where the documentation is that would show the difference between digital and analog and the power outputs for each.

@TrichoPilot

I think it is 100mW at 2.4GHz

In how far this article
https://drohnen-lexikon.de/fernsteuerung/2-4-ghz-fernsteuerung-reichweit/
contains “legally binding statements”, I cannot say, but it says here:

“For the 2.4 GHz band, the legislature has specified a maximum transmission power of 100 milliwatts. This corresponds to 20 dBm. In the 5 GHz range, the maximum transmission power is 1000 milliwatts.”

I cannot find any binding confirmation on this topic on the Internet, as the statement does not explicitly refer to the 5.8 GHz range, but to 5 GHz in general.

Search for publications from „Bundesnetzagentur“. High power with 5Ghz is limited to indoor use, one document explicit prohibits the use of this power levels and bands for the communication between ground and aircrafts. I cannot give you the link at the moment, because I‘m not in the office.

Here is a document from the german Bundesnetzagentur, which doesn’t specify between digital and analog, maybe because this are frequency bands that you can use without a frequency assignment.

So the way I understand it is, that you can do anything you want on 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz, as long as you use less than 10 or 25mW. And WiFi has an exemption.
I guess a manufacturer has to apply for an assignment in case they want to send at higher power…

1 Like

@Vabe
Thank you for your research. Then the MK15 is “a little” above the guidelines :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Read https://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/Sachgebiete/Telekommunikation/Unternehmen_Institutionen/Frequenzen/Allgemeinzuteilungen/2010_07_WLAN_5GHz_pdf.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=7

@fingadar
Thanks for the link.

As far as I understand, the frequencies from 5470 - 5725 GHz can be operated up to 1000mW, but not in UAVs.
The MK15 transmits at 5.8 Ghz (we don’t know the exact frequency), so it is outside of the guidelines specified in the form.

Hello.

MK15 looks like a great product. We’re considering it as a replacement for HereLink. I have a few questions regarding MK15. It would be great if I can get those answers here:

1. We are developing a custom GCS app that uses Google Maps. Does MK15 support Google Play Services? @TrichoPilot had found some issues regarding those. Have they been solved or are they still there?
  2. One handy feature that the HereLink has is that the mavlink-router comes pre-installed in it, and we can access it through the ADB shell. Is it the same for MK15?

Thank you.

No problem you can run your GCS on MK15 and use Google Maps. @rickyg32 @TrichoPilot if you can help show how Google Maps work in QGC, it will be great!
The Google Play Store issue on MK15 is just an Google authentication problem. We are trying to solve it.

Is it possible to explain a little more about “mavlink-router” and “ADB” shell, please? And what are their purpose?

That’s great!

The mavlink-router is a program written in C/C++ which is used to redirect Mavlink message packets to different endpoints. Here is the link to its GitHub page.

ADB shell is basically the Android Debug Bridge shell. It’s like your Linux shell.
The mavlink-router can be installed as a shell-command in Linux systems. In our case, the GCS has multiple channels of connections with the drone. We use mavlink-router to channel all those connections to a single output.

But that is not a very big issue. It’s just that mavlink-router is a very robust industry-grade program. That’s why we like to use it instead of handling those connections on our own.

And if you combine the information of the two documents, you can see that 5.8Ghz is limited to 25mW ERP.
Or do I miss something, or do you have other informations?

SIYI’s Authorized Dealer FOXTECH made this video intro of MK15. Welcome to check out!

its look nice.

in this video, what means ‘erthernet support’? (0:29)
and how can connect with gcs (missionplanner or QGC)?(0:30)