Notice - A $2?9 Mini Android Controller from SIYI - 10 KM Range @ 1080P 180 ms, 8-core CPU

Hi Djab,

I assume that you wrote to SIYI in the email preface of “djabmal”. Unfortunately your comment here is a bit far from the truth. I’m glad that we can put all things together and finish it here.

Here are the facts:

1. Your FM30 radio module was not bought from SIYI directly. At least I didn’t find your purchasing record in SIYI Aliexpress Store which can match with your information.
  2. Your reported FM30 defect was a “possible” defect, not a “confirmed” one. There isn’t enough information to prove that the “rotary” is a manufacturing defect.
  3. I was handling your A/S case and I could have gone further with you about the issue. I didn’t because I would like to solve it quickly rather than wasting our time.
  4. Even if your FM30 module has not been confirmed bought from SIYI directly, I did promise with you for a replacement.
  5. What I promise you was a replacement of new version, because there could be a hardware update of FM30 radio module. Isn’t it nicer for you to receive an updated one?
  6. I told you on Feb 25 that the replacement may take two months. So far the promise date is valid.
  7. There are already 31 rounds between us in the emails, from technical to support to “rotary” issue then to request of something else. It’s true that SIYI team should be obliged to response to customers. Isn’t is understandable that we don’t have to answer to every email when the subjects are repeated, especially we are very occupied with other duties at the same time?

It is an honor to know that you love to use SIYI’s products. Otherwise you won’t be so hurry with receiving a replacement. The promise is still there and we will try to proceed with the issue fast.
From my view and what we did to serve you, I don’t think SIYI deserve such a complaint here in Ardupilot discussion.

Ok i will stop it here … AS you said i bought the FM30 In an Aliexpress shop i did not know at that time that siyi at a specific shop in aliexpress… it is true that i liked to use the FM30 when it was working and i was happy with it I said it several time in different forum to friends . because the lack of response i thought that you would not hold your promise … sorry about that. I am going to wait patiently for the replacement

So far MK15 transmitter binds to one receiver. It may take the team some time to support binding to more receivers. I am pushing on the team for this requirement.

@SIYI,
So in this case, if I lost my drone or the drone crash, so that the Rx can not be used anymore, should I buy again the complete set MK15 Tx and Rx ?? Or is there any other solution?

Oh, I think there is a mis-understanding.
If that unfortunate thing happened, you only need a new set of MK15 receiver and bind it with the MK15 transmitter.

I was talking about the feature that you can save different receivers in one MK15 transmitter like a normal RC radio.

Hey Tony.
you know how on a Taranis you can set up different models each with a receiver and they are all bound. you just change models and that sets it to talk to the new receiver. The Mk15 doesn’t do that today. You can only bind to a single receiver at any time. So if you loose your plane. You just replace the receiver and bind it. your good to go. But if you have two planes and two receivers. You can only fly one at a time and to switch you have to rebind the receiver.

I am confident this will get changed in the future but today it’s a single receiver at any one time.

@SIYI, Ok understand. That means we only can bind one Tx to one Rx at the same time. But if we bind the Tx with second Rx , the the old Rx will lost connection with the Tx. Correct?

spot on.
That’s not to say that the first one can’t be rebound to the transmitter. I do it all the time.
Just not two at once like a traditional RC system. Siyi has it’s roots in commercial drones and so there they have a controller for the drone you buy for your business. Like DJI.
But they are venturing into the hobby space and so they are listening to the community and trying to drive improvements. One being the multi receiver.
Thats my personal bug I chase them about regularly. lol.
So far I love their products.

Hi Ricky,
Thank you man… I believe the Video quality is better (Full HD - HDMI) , because it use 5.8GHz. (Vs. 2.4Ghz of T12 Skydroid). From the datasheet, MK15 seems using 5.8Ghz for both video and Rc. But I wonder about penetration and range. I think 2.4Ghz is better to achieve longer range (especially in condition that many obstruction exist during flying). In this aspect DJI is smart enough to use 5.8Ghz for Video and 2.4Ghz for Rc. (In the same TX unit). The problem is, frequency 2.4Ghz is too crowded in the city.

Hi Tony,

You are right about 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. I have two facts to tell and maybe they can release your worries.

• Even at 5.8 GHz, MK15 transmits longer range than most systems and the transmission is very stable. Our team did 10+ km at 120-meter height and 3.5 km at 3-meter height. Some videos posted on YouTube.
  • 5.8 GHz won’t be the only frequency band for MK15 system.

Hi Frank,
I need the telemetry radio only, I’ve seen your datalink 2.4ghz, on your website I can’t find anything, can you provide me with a datasheet or manual?
And what are the programmable parameters?
Thank you

Hi Alessandro,

There are two options for you. Both linked to their Aliexpress page.

SIYI FM30 Radio Module with FR Receiver or FR Mini Receiver

FM30 Manual
FM30_User_Manual_en_v1.1.pdf (817.0 KB)

SIYI 2.4G Datalink

2.4G_Datalink_User_Manual_En_v1.1.pdf (562.4 KB)

I may need a little more detail to the programmable parameters. What are they referred to?

Thank you for the quick reply, for parameters I intended serial baud rate, power output, frequency and transmitting speed.
One more thing, I’ve read that the air unit is capable of can communication with autopilot, is right?
thank you

But you will not get the whole telemetry on the transmitter.
The FM30 works quite well on the bidirectional communication with MP or QCG running on a pc, keypad or smartphone. but some sensors are missing for the transmitter telemetry.
Yaapu does not get the altittude ( only gps altitude) and the gps coordinates itself.
For this reason Yaapu maps does not work.
I am using the FM30 with the mini receiver ( tested on a TX16s & QX7 /OTX 2.3.11). Seems to be a bug on tx module firmware. Sometimes you get a gps sensor but no extracted data from the Mavlink stream.
I hope Siyi will fix this on the next firmware release.

Thanks very much for posting here, Rene.

Almost all SIYI system are designed to work with QGC or MP.

The Yaapu script was not included in FM30 in the beginning. We’ve added it for the RCGroups community and will keep fixing and updating.

The team was currently shifted to MK15 launching, which as you can see is a more complex system and takes very much energy at the early stage from public tests to mass production releasing. The whole team was involved. Barely had a spare minute, not exaggerating.

GPS coordinates will come in the next updates. The team has some questions to the altitude information. I will communicate with you on RCGroups.

My MK15 arrived yesterday.
I just opened the box and pull the bits out. Wow is this thing solid.
It has some serious heft to it. I will post a video of what was in the box.

More to come.

3 Likes

Ok did a bit of poking around with the MK15 this evening.
So first a quick latency test. It’s not scientific at all, it was quick and dirty.

Second I pulled the receiver apart and checked the power going into the receiver. It’s 12vdc.
So if you want to power direct off your inflight 12vdc system you can do so. But yo need to be super careful pulling the cover off, yo must disconnect the fan before you do it.
Else you could pull the connector off of the pcb.
For me I power my rx from the drones 12vdc system and don’t want to take up more room and weight with the bec that comes with the receiver.

2 Likes

Thanks Richard for testing.
you remember me a friend that disassemble every thing He recives to investigate :grin:

Dear SIYI could you clarify. How many RC channels there is in MK 15 ? 16 or 13? In specification air unit has 16 channels but overall there is 13 channels. How many channels I can use for my s-bus equipment like camera controll etc. ?

I’m very interested in a real range performace test