Notice - A $2?9 Mini Android Controller from SIYI - 10 KM Range @ 1080P 180 ms, 8-core CPU

Do you use original charger from SIYI package ?

I think so but I confess I don’t recall what it looks like and I have lots of chargers.
Also I notice the green led beside the USB port which I believe means that the device is charged even though it’s not charged.

But I will have a look and see if maybe there is another charger around.

Hi Ricky

The couple of things I have found with charging the Siyi is the unit cannot be turned on when charging and you need a USB PD compatible charger that does 12v. Using a 5v usb charger will not work. This is actually a 12v system. Should be written on the charger if it can output 12v.

I hope that helps.

I have been in the IT space forever and never heard of a 12v usb. Also I have charged this many times before using a regular hi watt usb charger. It’s only since it was repaired has this been a problem but I will look into it further.

Yeah it is fairly new, I made the mistake of charging it with standard 5 v for awhile and wondered why it wasn’t working.

is there a switch on it.
I have never seen such a thing before.
Is this what you have
https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-Excgood-2-Pack-Delivery-Charging/dp/B08VNM5NZ3?th=1

ok I ordered one.
Never heard of this…learn something new every day.

Will let you all know how it works out.

That black charger would concern me somewhat. I know there are more powerful chargers out there compared to the original one supplied by SIYI. (20W)
But given how small the original cable is and then considering that it has about 12 wires in it (to be USB-C compliant), I wouldn’t want to push to much current through those tiny wires.

So, what’s wrong with the supplied SIYI one? I would not go past the 20W as well

USB-A same as SIYI 20 Watts (QC3.0 Standard)

Yes, but USB-C which is required by the MK15 to charge effectively is rated at higher current than the one supplied by SIYI.
Below is original charger:

Hey all.
Thank you for your input on the charger. I had never heard of a USB PD charger and the original charger was a standard USB charger. I ordered a new PD type and bingo charging just fine now.

So thank you everyone.
Seems all the problems I was up against have now been resolved.

cheers

The USB A socket is only 20 watts so use usb a to usb c cable

@Mark_Rosser

You are completely missing the point:

• USB A has just 4 wires and pins. 2 for supply of 5V and the other two for signal. (Data). USB-C has 24 pins and the cable is supposed to have 12 wires. So how do you know you getting the correct voltage on the correct pins on the USB-C side when there was never a standard created to deal with such an adaptor cable? - The answer: You don’t. You just hoping for the best. But this is certainly a way to cause potential damage to electronic equipment by using non standard equipment and cable.
    That is the reason why SIYI’s charger and cable are based on USB-C on both sides. - To ensure correct voltage on correct pins.
  • As you have already highlighted on your charger: USB-A on your charger hasn’t got the required fixed voltages but rather a variable voltage of 3.6 to 6.5V @ 3A and also 6.9 to 9V@ 2A. So in other words you are getting something but not what is actually required.

…There is a good reason many instructions of electronic equipment call for the original and or correct charger to be used.

Woke up to a nice sight this morning.

Thanks all for your input.

1 Like

Finally got my QGC Custom version working.
…Happy Days.

1 Like

Could you share your version ?

Had to get some paid professional help to achieve final outcome. As such reluctant just giving it away.

But earlier test version is available here: