Notice - A $2?9 Mini Android Controller from SIYI - 10 KM Range @ 1080P 180 ms, 8-core CPU

What i need is an ethernet passtrough from a dongle on the radio to the ethernet port on the receiver so that anything attached to the radio dongle would be on same subnet with what is on the drone.

Hi, just an update from this. I have contacted directly with the company (EXVIST), and as I didnt bought the encoder from them (because of course it came with the remote), they will NOT send the FW update and will not give me support, because we didint buy from them. They want to buy 10 units to help… This is incredible, this kind of “support services” and after sales. @SIYI i need the video encoder update NOW! I cant be dealing with this…

Look and this

Good day Vlad.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

So, you’re looking for my opinion about the two devices, the AK28 and the MK15.

So first I have to say I love both devices, SIYI is producing some very nice and very interesting products and I have been lucky enough to be an early adopter.

I should note that I do not work for SIYI, I just have been fortunate to have developed a relationship with Frank Wang at SIYI. He has become a good friend over the last could years. So please take this into account when you read my thoughts.

AK28

I have an early version of the AK28 running a custom firmware. I was one of the first to get my hands on one and I confess I really like it. But I like it for reasons that you may not expect. I like the size of it, the ease of use and the quality of the build. However, as I stated earlier this is an older unit running custom firmware and it’s not being upgraded in the same way as the MK15. While this firmware gives me some ability that most users don’t have. It’s not a production version and therefore not supported. That said I use it regularly and have 100’s of hours of use with no issues to date.

If I was to complain in anyway about the device, I would say that the weight also works against me. It’s heavy. It needs a neck strap and while it came with one, the mounting isn’t in a location that allows the unit to balance correctly and the first time I tried the strap I let it slip from my grasp and nearly crashed a large drone I was flying. So, I don’t’ use the strap.

If you come across a new AK28 with the latest firmware you would be happy with it as a controller.

MK15

The MK15 is the smaller sleeker and faster device, built on the lessons learned from the AK28. It’s lighter to hold and much faster to run. The firmware is newer and up to date. Some of the new features in the latest firmware make for a nice controller.

Both devices run QGroundcontrol without any issues and both run the same SIYI user interface. However, the newest firmware for the MK15 gives you additional switch functions that the AK28 does not. Also, the MK15 just runs everything faster and smoother then the AK28.

The screen on the MK15 I think is also a bit better to see in the daytime, however I wish they both had a non-glare screen. Under some conditions you can see your reflection when you really should be seeing the data. However, this is a small thing.

The MK15 I think is a bit more flexible when it comes to video. The new firmware appears to perform better. Also, the use of more than one camera, camera switching, and HD adapters is more prevalent for the MK15. I did notice that the MK15 camera is larger than the AK28’s camera which surprised me. You should note that the MK15 or AK28 for that matter does not really support a 3rd party camera. While you can use the HDMI converter for connecting any camera with HDMI out, a standard Runcam with Composite video out can’t be used unless you want to string together a bunch of converters.

However there has been some success with using IP cameras. This is something I want to learn more about as I have an IP zoom camera in my shop…a future project.

In both cases I find the cameras are large and cumbersome in comparison to a runcam for instance. This is a tradeoff using the digital video solution they have in place. I also know in talking to Frank they are working to make the receivers and cameras smaller.

You should know that either device only supports a single model at this time. This appears to be the trend with most devices of this sort, even the HERE or Skydroids only support one model. I think this is something Frank and the team are looking into. These devices are not cheap and spreading the cost across multiple models helps keep the cost down.

So, what you really want to know. If I was going out to buy a SIYI today, it would be the MK15. While I love the AK28.

The MK15 is just the better controller of the two.

1 Like

What is the prob with your encoder?
Did you try here?:

I bought one from amazon a while ago and updated with firmware from their site.

1 Like

Thanks! The guy from the comapny didnt want to give me the website to download.

“exvist firmware download” in google …

I did, but here in chile there is no a result to the exvist website… belive me have look for it a lot. In fact, I have found the DOCs website because I have search a text from an image the the as**ole from the EXVIST support send to me…

If you tell us what you want perhaps one of us can download it for you

here is whats on that site
Download Firmware

How to correctly download the latest firmware?

Firmwares related to D

• Run IPCManager if you already installed it

• Refresh and all attached encoders will be shown there

• Check if there’s “D” shown in the serial number like below photo

• If yes, please download below version and upgrade it with IPCManager only :

FMD_V2.47.210429.rar

8MB

Binary

FMD_V2.47.210429

• NOTE: HTML5 Supported; RTMP/Stereo Optimized; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FMD_V2.42.210111.rar

8MB

Binary

FMD_V2.42.21011

• NOTE: P2P for Surveillance(APP: Danale); ID(Not included by default); Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FMD_V2.41.201231.rar

8MB

Binary

FMD_V2.41.201231

• NOTE: Image Quality Optimized; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FMD_V2.39.201226.rar

8MB

Binary

FMD_V2.39.201226

• NOTE: HLS Added(H.264 Only); Corridor Mode & NTP Added; OSD Optimized; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FMD_V2.38.201216.rar

8MB

Binary

FMD_V2.38.201216

• NOTE: OSD Optimized; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FMD_V1.54.190817.rar

3MB

Binary

FMD_V1.54.190817

• NOTE: Old Firmware for Verification; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

Firmwares related to E

• Run IPCManager if you already installed it

• Refresh and all attached encoders will be shown there

• Check if there’s “E” shown in the serial number like below photo

• If yes, please download below version and upgrade it with IPCManager only :

FME_V2.50.210628.rar

3MB

Binary

FME_V2.50.210628

If you already uploaded the above V2.50.210628, then please do upgrade V2.47.210429 accordingly;

3.Please upgrade firmware with* IPCManager only. If it’s already the latest firmware, please DO NOT do another update anymore.

FME_V2.47.210429.rar

15MB

Binary

FME_V2.47.210429

• NOTE: HTML5 Supported; RMTP & Stereo Optimized; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FME_V2.44.210326.rar

8MB

Binary

FME_V2.44.210326

• NOTE: Stereo Optimized; Video & Audio Separation for HTTP Added; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FME_V2.42.210111.rar

15MB

Binary

FME_V2.42.210111

• NOTE: P2P for Surveillance(APP: Danale); ID(Not included by default); Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FME_V2.41.201231.rar

15MB

Binary

FME_V2.41.201231

• NOTE: Image Qualtiy Optimized**; Pls upgrade it with** IPCManager only.

FME_V2.39.201226.rar

15MB

Binary

FME_V2.39.201226

• NOTE: HLS Added(H.264 Only); Corridor Mode & NTP Added; OSD & SD Card Optimized; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

FME_V2.38.201216.rar

15MB

Binary

FME_V2.38.201216

• NOTE: OSD Optimized; Pls upgrade it with IPCManager only.

You can read more about how to upgrade via IPCManager:

1 Like

Thanks Ricky, I already download the FW and flashed the Video Encoder. That was I looking for, I have found some hours ago…

But is good to have this here for future references and users.

Thanks everyone for the help

1 Like

That’s awesome news Alberto.
I was just worried you where not progressing so thought I would see if I could help…

Wait your a drone pilot in Peru. I heard they are very strict with drones there.
Anyway…glad your moving forward.

cheers

We are a Custom Drone Builders Company in Chile, Login • Instagram

Here in Chile is very strict, we need Drones Pilots IDs, ask for flight permission, etc. But Its ok, I think its necesary to be safe.

We build customs drone for customers who need special needs, or drones that can not be bought on the normal market (DJI)

Sorry I thought peru for some reason.
I LOVE Chile. I use to work in Chile and Argentina.
sounds like interesting work. Would love to be doing that sort of thing here. I like that robomatic drone looks good. I like the simplicity.

1 Like

Good afternoon, Ricky!
Thank you very much for such a detailed description.
I now see that the MK15 is a better controller. One thing is not clear to me.
It turns out that MK15 is only for one drone?
And if I buy an additional receiver, can I use the MK15 on two models?
Ricky, what is the difference between MK15 and MK15E?
Have a nice day.

good morning Vlad.
YEs your correct that the MK15 is a single controller to a single drone. While you can buy a second receiver, you will be forced to bind it to which ever drone your looking to fly. This is something SIYI is looking at but I don’t have any idea what the timeline would be for that.
As for the MK15E, that’s a 2.4ghz version that was created for specific markets where only 2.4ghz is legal. Sorry I don’t know what those markets are.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

@SIYI Hello Frank we updated the radio today with the qualcomm utility. Do we need to update something else? Air unit, apps on the radio?? RF?

I quickly looked into siyi app and buttons with long press do not go into middle, maybe i missed something.

After Android, please update the FPV firmware, then the RF firmware, at last you need the latest apps.

How do I update RF is on the manual?
Latest app are the APK in the OneDrive to install?
FPV firmware is the converter HDMI net?

Thanks

@SIYI Ok i think i found everything, except one thing, how do i set a button to be 3 stage?

In “Button & Dials” settings, there were only “Self-locking” and “Self-reset”, now the “3-stage” is added in the options.

Inside key setting page the button on the right doesn’t work, it always stays on self, can’t change, maybe a bug.

https://mshelisrl-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/davide_monti_mshelisrl_onmicrosoft_com/EffbIKTEgWpLpR0hSvDeFqEBw9Oo5_zOmymAkr6Zuz1lyw?e=4Z6dSS