Notice - A $2?9 Mini Android Controller from SIYI - 10 KM Range @ 1080P 180 ms, 8-core CPU

What about the Video Enconder Firmware? I have been asking to Frank almost one week ago and no one awnser…

What do you need to know. I talk to Frank a lot so I can ask never time I am chatting.

Thanks, Ricky!

In the link they are already the latest Android firmware.

@Corrado_Steri However, the Bluetooth for telemetry and the WiFi for video stream are already available on your existing firmware.

1 Like

I haven’t got it yet. Will push asap

Waiting for the radio, it left foxtech last thursday, hope to have it here soon.

thanks

Im very late with the delivery because of this… need it ASAP pls

Refer this for video encoder: EXVIST H.265 1080P 50FPS Mini HDMI Video Encoder

This is the module that ships out with MK15 HDMI combo. You can refer to Exvist’s user manual and also get access to its firmware and configuration software.

1 Like

Hi Frank,

I have been using MK15 for quite a while and recently one of the air units stopped sending SBUS signal. The module is a week old and it was working untill yesterday. Today I went out for my regular flight tests without making any changes and the drone was not responding to any RC commands. Data and video transmission is working fine. I have tried debugging it by connecting it to a different flight controller, changing the SBUS cable, powering it directly from a battery and even reflashed the firmware on the air unit. But nothing seems to work on this air unit.

Hello everyone:

I’m kind of late to the party with the SIYI MK15 but am very intrigued by the capabilities.

My application would be a hexacopter with day video and FLIR thermal imaging. While FLIR does offer an AV to HDMI converter module that clips onto the side of the camera, my reading indicates that the module only works with DJI Lightbridge and 3DR Solo applications. I don’t know if this is a connector issue or something else like the signal output.

So my issue is whether or not the MK15 system has a way to input analog video coming out of the FLIR mini USB port, convert it onboard to TX back to the ground station via one of the MK15 system modules.

Second question is since I fly mostly with goggles, is there a way program a button or switch on the MK15 to switch between cameras instead of tapping the display screen picture in picture?

Last, is it possible to use the MK15 as the ground station and use a separate radio, connected via trainer cable or the like to actually fly the frame?

Hi Ashutosh,

Sorry for hearing the issue.

Would you mind open the case and check if the soldering of the S.Bus connector on the air unit is still good? Or any damage to the S.Bus related circuit? Thanks!

Best regards,
Frank

Thanks! I will look for it!

Thanks for your post!

Regarding your requirement,

1. Analog Video Input
    It is possible with an Analog-Ethernet Input Converter, which is a little expensive.

2. Switching Dual Video Stream Wearing Goggles
    I have submitted the requirement to the team, will response asap.

3. A Separate Radio to Work with MK15
    You can remove the S.Bus connection for MK15 and connect S.Bus to your receiver. Please just make sure there is no interference between your radio and the MK15 system.
    The other option is to use MK15 Dual Remote Combo to have a secondary MK15 transmitter for control to the drone or the gimbal, and as an extra monitor.

Hi Frank,

I opened the air unit case but there is no physical damage on the solder pads or the PCB.

I measured the duty cycle of the SBUS signal from this air unit and it shows 100% duty cycle whereas I measured the duty cycle of another SBUS receiver and it shows less than 50% duty at all times.

Thanks for doing the check.

Since you have measured the duty cycle, is it possible to request from you a little more by sending a picture of the waveform of the S.Bus signal, please?

I do not have access to an oscilloscope to read the waveforms. Is there anything else I can do?

Oh, sorry. We thought that you can easily read the waveforms since you have already measured the duty cycle.

Then I’m afraid that the air unit should be sent back for analysis. Does it interrupt your project?
Please write to support@siyi.biz for A/S process.

Yes, I do not have a spare as of now and it is interrupting our development. Sure, I will write to your email.

Dear SIYI MK15 customers,

Today we bring you a big software update to your smart controller.

1. SIYI TX: Multiple Links (for dual remote combo only).
  2. SIYI TX - Datalink - Connection: UDP.
  3. SIYI FPV: FPV Mavlink OSD telemetry.
  4. SIYI TX - System: Wireless Mode.
  5. SIYI TX - Device Info: Display all current firmware versions.
  6. Default wireless mode is “8KM FPV”.
  7. Valid package rate included in FPV OSD.
  8. SIYI TX - Buttons & Dials: New mode “3-Stage” for the buttons.
  9. Long press a button to stop at the middle position under “3-Stage” mode.
  10. SIYI TX - Channels: RSSI channel added and is free to assign to any available channel.
  11. SDK supports acquiring data from all links (RF, DATA, FPV).
  12. SIYI TX - System: Joystick deadzone is free to adjust now.

Welcome to visit the link for more detail and ask about anything here if it was not clear enough.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r0G1I0JS-_3g5pW_u6Hnvsn3eMuc90O3?usp=sharing

Is support available for initial purchases? (Purchased in late March)

It is sad that it seems that support for firmware is impossible at some point.

I’d like to use the functions you listed.

Frank:

Thanks for the reply.

I have read more on the FLIR HDMI camera output and it appears to support many HDMI frame rates such as 1080P at 30fps. Also the camera I have does 30fps analog, so I assume that’s the rate which is converted.

I do have GoPro cameras with HMDI outputs, so that should be direct.

Your mention of a analog to Ethernet converter is interesting, which made me think of asking about whether the system can use 2 HMDI inputs instead - one from the GoPro and one from the FLIR.

Having read your post #498, does the MK15 system support the OSD like the HM30 system? And is the OSD display configurable, such as re-arranging the items in the display?

Thanks,
Ron