Notice - A $2?9 Mini Android Controller from SIYI - 10 KM Range @ 1080P 180 ms, 8-core CPU

Hi Mike,
There is no problem with our units on hands.
We suspect there may be a firmware or software version difference on yours.

Hi Frank, if there is a firmware or software problem with my MK15, can you provide me with an update?
Greetings Mike

1 Like

Not referring to MK15 firmware, should be QGC version or your flight controller firmware.
Since we cannot reappear the same issue on our side, the suggestion may not be accurate.

OK…
Is there a new firmware or another update for the MK15?

MK15 new firmware and documents will be updated in the link below:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yFk_Wb039xnR1uEdDX4iIys6J1CoyCk4?usp=sharing

… thank you very much, Frank

Dear SIYI could you provide the link to MK15 HDMI version on Aliexpress to your shop?

Thanks for your attention, Norimbo.

Here is the link of MK15 HDMI Combo:

Problem solved perfectly.

Thank you very much for your time, Hamad.

For anyone wanting to do a software upgrade on the SIYI MK15. I just did it and recorded it. It was super easy.

No comments on the video quality I am not a videographer. But I think it should help.
@TrichoPilot has already tried it.

cheers

2 Likes

@ rickyg32
The instructions are very well done :+1:

I had to install the appropriate Comport driver for the MK15 manually because Windows 10 did not install it automatically.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!
For my new projects, videodatacommunications were required. I chose the very cute MK15. I bought two sets, one with two cameras and an ip-hub, the other with an hdmi-converter and patch antennas.
I installed the first set with a hub for two cameras on a 7 kg drone. All by default, QGC + Arducopter. I was very upset by the range of video communication. A normal video link is barely enough for 1000 meters. After 1 km of distance, the picture slows down and crumbles, hangs and disappears. It’s a little better if you turn off two video streams and a hub, if you leave one camera directly connected to the receiver, then the picture crumbles and slows down a little less. Installing the recommended patch antennas increases the range of a stable picture by + 200-300 meters.The flights took place outside the city in a large clearing, where modelers usually always fly. There is usually no interference on 5.8 and 2.4 on this field.
In general, I am puzzled and frustrated by the lack of declared range characteristics of the MK15.
I have another MK15 kit that I haven’t tested for range yet.
Frank, what are the reasons for such a short range? Please help me understand what is wrong with me. Why do you have 25 km, and I have only 1000 meters?
Thanks for any help.

Same problem here, we bought 2 new sets and range is 700-800 meters before image becomes very bad. On same field Herelink goes about 3km without probs.
Both MK15 on latest firmware, one hdmi and one ip camera.

At the moment we have very very bad performance, Herelink is way ahead in terms of performances.

Thank you for posting here @asw2000 @Corrado_Steri
And sorry to hear about your confusing with the range.

First of all, please let me clarify that SIYI’s advertising on MK15 range is based on actual test feedback by our team and from customers.

For example,

• 26+km on a plane, video posted on YouTube
  • around 7km at ground test at 6m height
  • video and data perfectly smooth and stable from customers who didn’t fly longer than 5km

However, it is also the truth that the range performance from different customers can be very different based on their build, configuration, and purpose of tests.

It is very necessary to have an initial check of your received MK15 unit with the information below.

• What combo did you buy?
  • When was it shipped?
    It is better that you can take pictures of your MK15 ground unit’s antenna and firmware version (can be checked by SIYI Assistant on PC).

If the hardware and firmware are not the latest, we will guide you for update.
If they aren’t the latest, then we will guide you with a configuring check starting from antenna position and installation, which will be updated in MK15 user manual shortly.

Best regards,
Frank

Hello everyone, in the new manual we’ve explained how to place and install MK15 antennas in detail, welcome to have a check.
Page 24 to 26.

SIYI MK15 User Manual v1.1

Frank , I bought my two MK15’s in

June Shop RC Aircraft

Orders

Dual with FPV Combo and Enterprise HDMI

devices numbers 6801155592 and 6801151694

Firmware SIYI TX V1.1.170 in both units,

SIYI FPV V2. 5. 42. 2c025d8 in Dual combo

and V2. 5. 57.5a26156 on the Enterprise unit MK15_RX_Firmware_v0.1.3_2021-03-23

and MK 15_TX_Firmware_v 0.1.4_2021-03-23

Positioning the antennas according to the new instructions does not help . The connection is still no more than 1000 meters with a copter height of 150 meters. The reason is clearly not in the location of the antennas. What other ideas?

Thanks for your quick reply, Alexander.

Firstly, I can tell that the four omni antennas of your MK15 are old ones, which should be changed immediately. Please let me know your address by sending an email to support@siyi.biz or send me a private message. We will send you new ones immediately.

Thanks and best regards,
Frank

How can we check if the antenna has been changed?

The shape of the antenna I received is the same as the picture above.

I ordered MK15 HDMI Combo on March 30th and received.

I confirm that it is the old version.

Here are the photo of the new version.

From which seller did you buy the unit? Please contact the seller and get the new antennas for free.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your prompt confirmation.

I bought it from your aliexpress(Radios Datalink Videolink Store) seller.

Can I send the contents to the support mail above?

Another question, Can I use the FPV HUB(for MK15) and the HDMI converter together?

I want to connect the IP camera to one side input of the HUB and the hdmi converter to the other input side.

Can I get FPV HUB separately at your aliexpress.