Notice - A $2?9 Mini Android Controller from SIYI - 10 KM Range @ 1080P 180 ms, 8-core CPU

There could be a mis-understanding.
I think they refer to Ethernet/HDMI support from MK15 receiver to IP camera or HDMI camera.
And the transmitter supports HDMI output as well. There is no Ethernet output on MK15 transmitter.

Through the upgrade port at bottom MK15 transmitter.

The diagram picture explains it well. And you can find more detail in the manual.

MK15 Downloads

I only read the message today. As soon as Iā€™m back home, I will test the function and post a screenshot or video.

1 Like

@SIYI
Please donā€™t get it wrong, but is there already a ā€œscheduleā€ when the 2.4 GHZ version of the MK15 should appear?

Unfortunately thereā€™s no exact schedule to tell. All I can say that it will be released within this year.

Here is a short feedback on the MK15. Sorry for the dark pictures.

QGroundControl runs great, but the battery indicator is still only shown as a percentage.

Personally, I canā€™t do anything with the percentage display, I prefer a display in volts.

Apparently you canā€™t change that either (at least I donā€™t know where). Maybe someone can help me here.

What also works great is the live image display in QGC.

You only have to copy the RTSP link, which can be found in the SIYI-FPV App in the settings,

and paste it at QGC.

1 Like

I will continue to report in the next few days, but I still have to finish building my new copter. After that I can also write more about the ā€œhandlingā€ of the MK15 while flying.

2 Likes

What else I wanted to mention yesterday. The touchscreen does not always react to an input, but you have to tap it several times, before something happens. I noticed this yesterday while setting the switch assignments when I wanted to adjust the values for the respective position.

On the other hand, I noticed the performance of the MK15 very positively compared to the AK28, there are ā€œworldsā€ in between. Itā€™s like switching from a ā€œVW Beetleā€ to a ā€œFerrariā€.

@SIYI
You did a good job with the MK15.

Thanks for your great help and your praise. The team will work harder after hearing this.

Regarding the touchscreen issue, is it possible to record a short video about it when you can reappear the issue, please?

When Iā€™m home from work, I make a little video about it.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

When the upgrade port (4pin in bottom) is connected to the computer, it is recognized as a ā€œSTMicroelectronics virtual COM portā€ device.

Unable to connect with Mission Planner.

What ways can I try?

The manual(29~31page, 43~44pageā€¦) show only how to connect with the vehicle-receiver(air)-controller(ground).

I have high hopes for the flexibility of the product. thank you

Do you want to update the MK15?
Have you set the baud rate correctly?

Iā€™m not sure, but is it not possible to update via the USB-C port?

Since Iā€™m still at work, I unfortunately cannot test it myself.

Have you changed the connection method in ā€œSIYI TX - Datalinkā€ to ā€œUpgradeā€?

Here is the video about the ā€œtouchscreen problemā€
Touchscreen Problem

I am going to try mine and see if I have the same issue.

Edit: not having the same issue as you @TrichoPilot

Is it possible to assign switches inside qground control as if it was three buttons and assign DO commands to them?

Today I put to the test your 2.4ghz datalink, a hard one, out 20+km 2000mt altitude, I had a loose antenna so I had a problem with the connection from time to time, but with the standard 5dbi antennas, was great, not super-fast refresh rate but it was wonderful, with a parabolic antenna ad a tracker it can do a lot more.
Very very pleased and impressed form your product.
Only one question, the microswitch on the side selects something?

@SIYI - does MK15 has some sort of encryption between the transmitter and the receiver that prevents these two things:

1. gaining control of mine drone by somebody else,
  2. sniffing on the video stream?
1 Like

The switch was for CAN/UART switch. Since CAN is not supported anymore, it is defined for nothing now.

Hi Steri,
Could you show us where to assign the switches inside QGC and explain a little about DO commands, please? We will have a try based on your information

It could be a defect. Iā€™ll write an email to you and letā€™s make some tests