No throttle sent to ESC on channel 8

Yes my M_STAB_COL_ 400d%

I will change that to 550d%

My H_LAND_COL_MIN is set to 110

I just ordered new parts will arrive on July 15 hope I can get it flying right

Just crazy when it dose swinging at the landing part !

The take off is very nice and straight flight is nice too!

Thank you for the help !

Ozzy

It was my fault also !!

I should not switch to STAB mode from Auto

But I was thinking that I can get over it and control the heli but the stick was down!

At less I had to push the collective pitch to the middle stick before I switch to stab mode!

Looks like it changed the pitch to -2.5 and dived down !
Ozzy

After your last WP further away did you not set RTL as the final in a mission? That is what I always do.

H_LAND_COL_MIN is set to 110
If you set H_LAND_COL_MIN higher it would not do that even if you lower the stick to 0.

My auto mission was set like ;

Takenoff 1 50f
Waypoint 2 50f
Waypoint 3 50f
Land 4 0f
You mean I need to change waypoint 3 to RTL ?
And keep point 4 ( land) 0

My H_LAND_COL_MIN was 100 then I changed to 110 but nothing fix the problem

Ozzy

No, do not use Land after WP3 use RTL.
If the altitude was less than 15 m at WP3 it will climb to 15 m and comes home and Land automatically if you set the RTL as I do.
You do not have to use the Land command it is included in RTL. See my reference above.
You can of course figure out your own way. This is how I set it up because RTL will be used in my case for signal los FS and I never change it. It works with me 100% so far.

I am going to try that, it may solve the problem I am having as of changing the 400d% to 550 and the H_LAND_COL_land to 125

Hope these changes make it land straight down with no swinging !

I appreciate your help
Will post new video for the new flight !hope with no crash !

Ozzy

Hi Ozzy,

This is way off topic but I must say it:
Do not ever ever ever try to test your heli with people around you, in this case your little daughter?

Thatā€™s the first rule in this game! Safety first!

You had luck so far not hurting somebody, but you are playing with a flying loaded weapon and just calling for an accident.
There are a ton of things that could go wrong even with a well tuned and setup heli and a mirriad times more with a heli like yours and an inexperienced pilot (no ofense) like you are.
My first heli was a Trex450 which I crashed heavily in the first minute of my first flight just a few meters from my neighbour who was with me and I learned my lesson.

I got some small quads, equiped them with pixhawks and learn to setup them and fly manually, before even trying any of the auto modes.
And just now I am setting up my Trex and preparing it for the first flight.

I am not saying you should do it too but please think about safety before something nasty happens.

Igor

1 Like

Have you tuned that helicopter at all?
Looks pretty scary to me.

Jacob, thank you for your replay

Yes I did check all blades tracking and parameters and flow it on stab mode and Althold mode before I attempted the Auto mission flight

But yes itā€™s for some reason not flying smooth and landing straight down without swinging !!

Maybe CG is off !

Ozzy

Dear @flyingdragon,

you have to do every single step described here:

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/traditional-helicopter-tuning.html

Every attempt to use something different than Stabilized flight mode will result in something you encountered, or worse!
Please do not use Alt-Hold, or Loiter / Auto until you read, understand and applied the information given in the link.

Hi Ozzy, sorry to hear about your crash. Please post a param file for me to look at. Also if you have a log file from the flight that resulted in a crash, post that as well.

That will be grate !

How to get this file ? Is it through the mission planner?

Thank you
Ozzy

Here is a link to the wiki. Download logs
Do you know how to save a param file?

I tried to fallow the instruction on the wiki and the log downloader doing nothing!

it says (getting list of log filesā€¦) and nothing happen after that!

no I donā€™t know how to save param fileā€¦ but is it just when you get the parameters you then save it ?

Edit: I think I got it, I had to wait for few min to get the logs !
Thank you
Ozzy

I was able to view the log, but donā€™t know how to save it and upload it here

I appreciate your help
Ozzy

Just use the upload feature in your menu bar in the window you type in to upload the param file. the log file may be bigger so you would have to post a link to a google drive or drop box. if you want I can private message you a link to my google drive where you can put the file.

Yes Bill Please
my email: sumer_art@yahoo.com
thank you

Ozzy

I think I copied here

hope it can be viewed !

Ozzy

Cool. Upload your param file. It is easier to look at it rather than digging through the log.

Ozzy,
You didnā€™t tune any of the rate PIDs. You need to either follow the tuning guide in the wiki under traditional helicopters or you can select a default configuration file within mission planner. This configuration file is a generic tune for the rate and position controller PIDā€™s. It should get you close and certainly a lot better than the default parameters that come with the firmware. In mission planner go to the config tuning tab and select full parameter list on the left. On the right you will see default parameter pulldown box. Select the only traditional helicopter 3.6 default parameter file. Once you hit OK then write the parameters using the button on the right.

The other thing I wanted to add was that before putting your aircraft into auto mode, you need to let about 10 seconds pass so that the rotor can get up to speed.

I will probably have a few other suggestions once I have a chance to view the data in your log.