No menus in APM or QGC on Macintosh

I have a Pixhawk 4.0, with Arducopter firmware installed. I am able to connect using my Mac in both QGC and APM, but there are no menus listed in either program, so nothing can be configured - The areas to the left of the main screens are blank. I have tried downloading new versions of each app, but to no avail.
What to do? - most frustrating!
I realise that all your code is written for Windows, but I am not a MS fan. Are the Mac versions just a re-write of the Windows code or are they a Mac native version?
Thanks,
Peter

QGC on a mac should work just fine. I use it often. Maybe post a screen shot with the controller connected so we can see the issue or what’s going on.

APM support is very limited so I wouldn’t put a lot of effort there.

Thanks Allister,
Here are some screen shots. QGC says it is ready to fly, but I know the flight modes are not configured yet.

Peter

First off, the controller is on PX4, not Ardupilot, so I can’t help too much since I don’t know that firmware.

Click the QGC icon beside where it says Ready to Fly. That will take you to menus to set up the configuration.

Edit: just thinking, but PX4 is probably also the reason APM isn’t working. If you want to switch to arducopter then QGC will let you flash the firmware, but be aware that would reset any configuration and be starting from new.

Thanks. That is really helpful. I don’t mind starting from scratch.

Peter

Then let me suggest some links:

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/initial-setup.html

That is brilliant! A few pointers in the right direction works marvels.

I’ll catch up tomorrow.
Peter

1 Like

QGC is my choice on Mac.

I suggest you use MissionPlanner and ArduPilot Methodic Configurator on a windows PC to configure and tune the ArduCopter and then switch to Mac to operate the vehicle in everyday use.

Many thanks - I’ve got it all working - now on to the Rasberry Pi !!

Many thanks for your input on this - I really appreciate the replies.

Peter

You can run Mission Planner on a RPI using mono. It “works”. Just don’t expect it to be a rocket. Maybe the new RPI5 is better, but on a 4…