Nimbus Tricopter VTOL

Greetings. Could you help me understand what happened? The FBBA began to dive down and fell. Management did not particularly listen. And I don’t know how to read a magazine (
Once he flew well and sat down, and the second he fell.
https://yadi.sk/d/ml_133iRyABY5A

here is a view of a successful flight. accident on the video alas is not removed.

Eduard,

First, congratulations on your first flight video. It appeared to fly fine.

On your crash log, I have not discovered the issue so I will continue to look further. The graph below shows that you were flying fine in FBWA mode and then the altitude just drops. I hope that the crash was not catastrophic and you can repair the Nimbus.

thank! unfortunately fell from a great height and crashed badly. I will buy a new one. he simply began to fall nose down and did not obey the helm. I think that the autopilot is of poor quality, as he had a failure on the ground, but I really wanted to fly and I flew …

Hi Greg: well i changed the FM’s so i’d have one in manual and my motors did not point 90 deg ahead so i have a couple of questions what is considered left and right? Standing behind or in front of the plane and in manual mode when you use the ail stick to the left is the left ail up and the right one down and so it would be the same with the V-Tail and while in Q modes nothing works but the tilt motors Ok Thanks Greg.BK

Eduard,

Sorry to hear that the crash was bad. The logs just stop, presumably due to the crash, but I cannot find a reason. Perhaps someone else will have a look.

Butch,

Left and right is from behind the plane or from the pilot seat. So moving the right stick to the left makes the left aileron go up and the right aileron go down. In Manual or FBWA mode, for rudder, moving the left stick to the left makes both v-tail surfaces move in the same direction to the left.

Cheers!

HI: Thank you I am in Manual and FBWA mode ,Tx on Batt connected and i got the motors to point straight ahead by adjusting servos 9/10 to 2200 Max and swapping the function then go into Q_hover and adj the Min to go straight up,went back to Man Mode to check out the right stick Elev V-Tail when i pull stick back both VTail flaps go up and push forward both go down is this right?, next step left stick go left the left flap goes down and the right flap goes down? should this Rudder stick be the same as the Ail?meaning push the Rud stick left the left V-Tail flap goes up and right goes down and visa versa.So is this the way i should set it up? If so then my only problem that i can tell is when in Q_Stab or Q_Hover while moving the Left rud stick and Ail Right stick it moves the motors to far rearward and would cause the props to hit the Wing and i’m not sure how to adjust this without messing up the the adjustments that i made already ?is their somewhere else besides servos 9/10. Thanks again Greg for all your help and patience.BK

Guys can you help me out with this. We try to analyze what causing the sudden movement of the nimbus.
Seems it drops it nose more than 3 times.

Yes.

Flap? Did you mean v-tail? If so, both should go left.

No.

Perhaps they will not hit in a real hover test. Alternatively, you can use longer booms so that the motors stick out more.

I think you need to go back and read the Wiki section on V-Tail Planes. It describes the configuration, setting up the RC inputs, and tests for verification.

Good luck!

Hi Michael,

According to your log, there was no drop in altitude in AUTO from either the BARO sensor or the GPS. What made you think this happened? If you are referring to the decrease in altitude during RTL, your ALT_HOLD_RTL setting was 78 meters so the plane was likely trying to descend to that height.

Hello @GregCovey thank you for checking, during mission you will see small spikes going down. I was referring to those alritude drop. The 78mtr is 78000cm or 780mtr agl i was scanning a mountain. I was the one making it descent during RTL.

We were checking the RC inputs and ACC. I really dont know what happen.

Michael,

At first glance. I thought it could be an occasional false reading from the GPS unit or wind gusts or drops. If you compare your actual airspeed sensor with the GPS ground speed, you see sudden changes in the GPS ground speed. I’m not sure if this was cause or effect. But these events don’t match up with the Pitch glitches.

Some further digging shows that your rear motor was kicking in which likely caused these pitch events. Outputs C5 and C6 are identical. It looks like you had some significant roll corrections. This may be caused by your Q_ANGLE_MAX setting of 3000 or 30 degrees. Some of use have changed our setting to 4000 or even 4500 to prevent unwanted safety events when the plane gets rotated by only 30 degrees.

You pressed nose - down Stick (RCIN.C2)

Thanks for this info @GregCovey
Appreciate your efforts on helping out the community.

Really? We did not touch the RC durings this mission. Its 6.5km out RC signal was very low or out.

RCIN.C2 is your inbound signal for pitch. You also have problems with roll,yaw and throttle signal:

Thank you for this information. There is a possible glitch with the radio. Will check this one.

BTW guys how do you set up your failsafe? We set ours with no pulse. Turn the radio off and push the fs button on 8xr?
What would you guys recomend? The Throttle FS or No Pulse?

I don’t use failsafe yet as I fly LOS. It’s all disabled.

So to elaborate on what Rolf found. It was the RCIN.C2 activation (presumably caused by weak signal) that initiated the C5 and C6 rear motor outputs?

HI Greg : Good Morning from Fla,OK i’m not sure i’m Not following you when it comes to the V-Tail description, To me when i put the Rud stick to the Left the left V-Tail flap goes down and the right V-Tail flap goes up and same thing when i put R stick right the Right V-Tail Flap goes down and the left goes up?Thanks for the info i’ve been reading the wiki and trying to adj the servos, I thing i got it in Man mode but when i switch to FBWA the R V-Tail Flap sticks up ( i Think your calling it left ?)about 35/40 deg then i noticed the Glue let go on the foam and batt compartment got any suggestions ?Liquid Nail,JB Weld,Gorilla Glue,epoxy etc ? well i’ll keep at it hopefully i’ll get it ready to fly before we head back North in the spring, Stay Warm and thanks again.Butch

Hi Greg,
Your graphic above shows RCIN - the motors are attached to RCOUT :wink: