New ArduPilot methodic configurator GUI

I have just created the directory by copying files from template. So right now it is default. However first 7 files i was able to edit. This 8th one is crashing

08_batt1.param (4.7 KB)

Did you correctly fill all the values in the component editor window?
Battery voltages need to be filled with . decimal separator, not ,

This is the first window i am getting after selection option 2 in setting up directory.

you need a vehicle_components.json file that you can copy from one of the provided templates.
Then it will open a component editor window before that one.

1 Like

v0.3.1 Latest

Commits

v0.3.2

Commits

For those curious about the architecture, here it is:

4 Likes

v0.4.0

v0.4.0

Commits

Commits

1 Like

Issue with v0.4.0 on launch:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\MethodicConfigurator> .\ardupilot_methodic_configurator.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ardupilot_methodic_configurator.py", line 27, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'frontend_tkinter_component_editor'
[22436] Failed to execute script 'ardupilot_methodic_configurator' due to unhandled exception!

Strange one. Can you try the latest release (not the 0.4.0) in a few minutes?

Yep, works with the dev release :slight_smile:

Thanks for testing, enjoy the new features

1 Like

Thank you for the quick fix!

v0.4.1

v0.4.1

Commits

@timtuxworth this release is for you

v0.4.2

Latest

Commits

##v0.5.0

Commits

1 Like

V0.5.1

Commits

V0.6.0

Commits

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the work !

I was willing to use your software but unfortunately it is not working on both my windows computers, one of them is a very fresh install. I followed the guides and even launched the install by the windows installer, without success. When I try to launch the software on the port where my pixhawk is connected I am getting this error :

If I try to launch with another COM port, the software is displaying the GUI well, but when I chose the good COM port, which is 7 in my case, it crashes with the same error, I was not able to troubleshoot the problem for the moment, any clues ?

Thanks for your efforts :slight_smile:

Hello @gdeb, thanks for using it.

You can not execute it from the command line!
You need to install it using the installer and start it using the desktop icon, like everyone else.

1 Like