New ArduPilot methodic configurator GUI

Hi, since this program was released I have never been able to go beyond the screen present hereā€¦every time it tells me that it canā€™t find the intermediate parametersā€¦if someone can teach me in a simple way how to do it to be able to go further I would be grateful to him otherwise I will abandon that is, I will continue as I have always done in recent yearsā€¦manually doing the various stepsā€¦Iā€™m sorry that I would have liked to have a tool that would make it easier for me and direct me to the various steps to follow to doā€¦ Iā€™ve been trying and trying for days but I canā€™t go any furtherā€¦

Sure, Here it is.

1. Use option 1
  2. As template source Select the diatone_taycan_mxc directory and after that the 4.5.1-params
  3. Leave the destination base directory unchanged
  4. Edit the text ā€œMy vehicleNameā€ to something more descriptive.
  5. Press the button ā€œCreate vehicle directory from templateā€

Done

Next time you get stuck, ask for help instead of waisting your time.

The files get created on the directory you specified. So the next time you open the program, use option 2 and open the directory you just created

Thank you amilcarlucas for allowing me to continue using the programā€¦I arrived at this window following your instructionsā€¦but I see that another tab is set (The problem is that the intermediate parameter files created are for a Matek H743 flight controller ) and not my pixhwakā€¦ .how do I set up my pix in the program.
Thanks again for helping me improve my learning.

Hello Luciano,

The matek is a template. As all templates it is a starting point that you need to modify to meet your needs.

You need to change all the values to match your vehicle.

Version 0.2.10 has a critical bugfix, please update ASAP

1 Like

Version 0.3.0 introduces forced and derived parameter support it is now possible to implement the initial parameters spreadsheet inside the methodic configurator without changing a single line of python code! :slight_smile:
Currently around 35 parameters get automatically set without user intervention, but the number will grow.

1 Like

You need to manually give write permissions for your user to the file:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\.ardupilot_methodic_configurator\settings.json

sorry for that, It will get fixed in the next version.

Hello Amilcarlucas, I am using the 0.3.0 version of Methodic Configurator. I have connected my FC to computer and editing the parameters. However i am not writing them to FC, i am choosing skip parameter file and everytime it asks whether i want to save those values in that particular param file, so i click yes and it moves on to next param file. This was what i wanted but when i did the same for ESC.param file and clicked on ā€œskip parameter fileā€ instead of asking to save the params the program shut down. When i reopened the ESC param file the values and the reason that i had written were saved but when i manually select bat1.param file from drop down above the program again shut down. Can you please look at this.
I am using 4.4.4 param files as template. And my vehicle directory is in D folder whereas the application is installed in C folder in case this info is needed.

Thankyou

There is something wrong with your bat1.param file. post it here.

I have just created the directory by copying files from template. So right now it is default. However first 7 files i was able to edit. This 8th one is crashing

08_batt1.param (4.7 KB)

Did you correctly fill all the values in the component editor window?
Battery voltages need to be filled with . decimal separator, not ,

This is the first window i am getting after selection option 2 in setting up directory.

you need a vehicle_components.json file that you can copy from one of the provided templates.
Then it will open a component editor window before that one.

1 Like

v0.3.1 Latest

Commits

v0.3.2

Commits

For those curious about the architecture, here it is:

4 Likes

v0.4.0

v0.4.0

Commits

Commits

1 Like

Issue with v0.4.0 on launch:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\MethodicConfigurator> .\ardupilot_methodic_configurator.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ardupilot_methodic_configurator.py", line 27, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'frontend_tkinter_component_editor'
[22436] Failed to execute script 'ardupilot_methodic_configurator' due to unhandled exception!

Strange one. Can you try the latest release (not the 0.4.0) in a few minutes?

Yep, works with the dev release :slight_smile: