New APSync Build for Raspberry Pi

Possibly - I’ve haven’t got a Beaglebone, so I can’t test it.

a question, is there any way to access mavlink using commands?
I have tried to do the command. unsuccessfully!
python3 mavproxy.py --master=/dev/serial0 --baudrate 921600 --aircraft MyCopter
With ardupilot and Qground I have access. Using zerotier

You need to access via UDP, as mavlink-router is using the serial port.

Something like:
python3 mavproxy.py --master=udpout:<IP>:14550
Where IP is the IP address of the RPi

hi there !
please i have a question being beginner with drone ect…
i am preparing my graduation so i’am working on create a drone from 0 to autonomous one using image recognition .
i have pixhwak 2.4.8 and pi4
my question is should i install APSync on my raspberry that mean i will not keep raspian os buster on it ?
or i can install directly on the raspian os “buster” mission planner.exe !
i did those
sudo apt-get update #Update the list of packages in the software center
sudo apt-get install python3-dev python3-opencv python3-wxgtk3.0 libxml2-dev python3-pip python3-matplotlib python3-lxml. :heavy_check_mark:
sudo pip3 install future :heavy_check_mark:
sudo pip3 install pymavlink :heavy_check_mark:
sudo pip3 install mavproxy :heavy_check_mark:

but when i execute this commandi got
python3 mavproxy.py --master=/dev/serial0 --baudrate 921600 --aircraft MyCopter

python3: can’t open file ‘mavproxy.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

thank u for ur time in advance !

1 Like

APSync runs inside an existing OS on your Pi. Installing APSync will keep your current OS.

You may need to add the path via this command:
echo "export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/.local/bin" >> ~/.bashrc
Then restart.

1 Like

Hey Stephen! Thanks for all the great work here. Does this not come with Dronekit?

Dronekit is not included. You’ll have to install it yourself.

Gotcha. I’m running this on an rpi0 so i’ll find out how to connect it to my home wifi and install it from there.

Last question, maybe you know this, should i follow the instructions on the dronekit documentation (https://dronekit-python.readthedocs.io/en/latest/develop/installation.html)

or the one on ardupilot? https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/raspberry-pi-via-mavlink.html

I see you already have mavlink router installed so

I think that leads to the dronekit website anyway. So either will work!

python3: can’t open file ‘mavproxy.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

That means MAVProxy is not installed on your system, or mavproxy.py isn’t on the system path.

You’ll need to run:

pip3 install mavproxy --user
echo "export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/.local/bin" >> ~/.bashrc

Then restart.

I flashed the latest image on a raspberry pi 3+ and it all worked.

I can connect to the pi’s acces point and check all the settings in a webbrowser on 10.0.1.128
Starting the video stream works and I can view the stream in qgroundcontrol.

When I connect the pi to the telemetry port on the Flight controller I see all the telemetry and mavlink messages in the browser.

But somehow I cannot connect to it over UDP with mission planner or qground control.
I’m using UDP in mission planner to connect and leave at at default 14550.

Is there something else I need to do to connect to it in mission planner or qgroundcontrol?

Windows?

Check your firewall.

No everywhere :wink:
When I try it on windows with firewall disabled it does not connect.
I do however see the data in the webbrowser so have no idea why mission planner does not want to connect.

I can’t see the disk image at the link provided in the OP. Am I missing something?

Try https://www.docs.rpanion.com/software/apsync

Hello, i installed apsync in a raspberry pi 3b+ manually.I preinstalled ubuntu 16.04 xenial LTS with ros .Everything went well but when i connect rpi with pixhawk and open the web browser i cant see any data flow.I am pretty sure the wiring is ok.Can someone help? Thank you in advance

Have you set the correct baud rate for the telemetry port on the Pixhawk? It should be 921600 and the MAVLink 2 protocol.

Hi
is it possible to connect the RPI (that run this APSync ) to other WIFI router (like cellular 4g that not connect to the RPI fiscally but stay close to it)
and connect to it with diffrent ip (192.168 … and not the 10.0.1.128) ?
if it can be done, it is great! i’ll be able to get the mavlink data from anywhere :slight_smile:
thank you

Yes. You will need to use the nmcli command to change the Wifi settings on the Pi.