Motors are not responding to transmitter's command

2200kv? What prop size, what battery power (3S, 4S) and what’s the take-off weight (with battery).
Asking because that feature should not have a negative effect with 2200kV motors. You can turn it back on you have another problem. Perhaps you botched the ESC cal. More reason to use Dshot. Everyone else with that FC does.

10" prop, 3S 5200mAh battery. Not sure about the weight.
The frame is an F405.

The problem with Dshot is that the transmitter won’t work and when I was trying to connect to Blhelisuite it didn’t work.

Ah well, had that been known 2 days of posts could have been cut short. That craft won’t fly man. Those F450 frames are probably the most built cheap frames of all time and the typical component set are 2212-920kv (or thereabout) motors, 1045 props on 3S power with a take-off weight no more than 1.2kg. Your kit will never leave the ground. The motor kV is waaay to high for 10" props and a 3S 5200mah battery would likely be too heavy even if you got that combination right. You need new motors.

The transmitter has nothing to do with the ESC protocol. That’s a communication protocol between the Flight Controller and the ESC. You simply have some configuration wrong.

This is really bad. This is for a school project and it seems that it’s getting more complicated.
The frame, 3s battery, motors, and props I got from a recommended kit.
What should I do now? I really don’t want to spend more than what I have.

Just to give you a bit more info after testing the drone with the props.
I got it to lift up just a few inches before it went sideways to the left and hit the ground.

Yea, sure it did. It has insufficient thrust to fly let alone fly with the proper thrust/weight. I can imagine the kit, they are mostly junk components. However, you do have a very good ESC and Flight controller.

What are the actual motors? kV we have what manufacturer and size? Like a 2212-2200kv? Or? I doubt it but perhaps this can be salvaged with much smaller props, 4S power and a much lighter battery (lower capacity). You still need to buy some stuff, what you have won’t fly.

One thing you could have done and probably still should is to buy an subscription to eCalc. Less than the cost of a set of props you will break…

Motors
Battery

Where do get 2200kv? The motors in that link are exactly what I said is suitable for an F450, 920kv.

My apologies. The frame is an F450, not F405
but you seem to understand that’s the one I meant.
Frame

:man_facepalming:
I’m so stupid. I was looking at 2212 and thought it was the actual Kv. I can see it is in fact 920kv.
So, what does this tell you now?
I’m actually a bit nervous and scared.

OK, it tells me this craft should fly fine up to ~1.2kg take-off weight as I said. Post the last .bin flight log. No excuses, this is required. If you can’t then I cannot help you further.

I can definitely share the file with you. I have no problem.
I tested the weight of the drone. It’s about 1.8lb or 0.8kg.
Give me a couple of minutes and I’ll the file.

I think there is an issue with the bin flight log. It didn’t seem to have created any logs. These all have old dates.

Ignore the dates. Select the last one. Or try another take-off and then post the last one.

22 12-31-1969 7-00-01 PM.bin (143.1 KB)

This is for an F7-Mini. Didn’t you say you switched to an H7? Need to be sure we are working on the latest config.

Yes, this is the F7 mini now. You mentioned using the Stable version. So, H7 doesn’t have any stable version. So, I switch to the F7 in order to flash the Stable version.

OK, that’s fine. I’ll review but soccer is on now…
I see no compass or GPS. It won’t fly w/o a compass. And you don’t have it configured correctly for Dshot.

I thought I did?

Also, I thought we don’t need a compass/GPS to fly a drone.

Thank you and have fun with the game.

Don’t think you read the wiki.
Set these:
MOT_PWM_TYPE,6
SERVO_BLH_AUTO,1
SERVO_BLH_BDMASK,15
SERVO_DSHOT_ESC,1
And make sure Low RPM Power Protect is disabled.

Where did you read that? Maybe it was related to Betaflight. You need a compass. You need a GPS for any position assisted mode. So, you need a GPS/compass module.

You don’t have battery monitoring or ESC telemetry configured. Why not?
And before attempting another flight configure the Initial tuning parameters (for the 3rd time).

I’ve read somewhere we don’t need them to fly the drone.
There is also a video I recently saw of someone flying the drone without GPS/Compass.
I have ordered a GPS module that comes with a compass.

I already set the parameters.
I also set the battery monitor.
However, the only thing I don’t understand is the ESC telemetry.