Motor losing power

These ESCs are simonk

Yes. Of the lowest quality with old tech components.

I just ordered BLheli ESCs . Would be receiving only after christmas.Will try and let you know know how it went. Thank all for your help. Sincerely appreciate it

I managed to get BLheli motors and I see that the motors are now running fine. But I still havenā€™t managed to get it off the ground. This timesā€¦I see that one of the motors top including the propeller comes off when it give throttle

Are they self tightening props spinning the wrong way?

could you please send some images and a short video ?

Yes they are self tightening props I guess. The black top tightens CCW and the propeller spins CW . The red top motors tightens CW and the propeller spins CCW . I am not sure if itā€™s the correct one. I have uploaded the pics and videos

1 Like

Yes. Hereā€™s the link

Motor test video

Pics

i cant see ant problem in video
try re calibrate ESCs and enable log when disarmed then send log file

I tried recalibrating the ESCsā€¦still no luck. Hereā€™s the link t the log

I donā€™t see anything useful in the photos, videos or the log. When the prop nuts spun off was it when the props were accelerating or slowing down? I have seem this happen if active braking is turned on in the ESCā€™s and they rapidly slow down but usually only on self tightening props which you donā€™t have. Which ESCā€™s did you buy? Hopefully BLHeli32 versions.

The props nuts comes off during acceleration. I did buy BLHeli32 version ESCs .

Looks like the motors are mounted on the wrong arms. Swap round the red and black. Check motor rotation so that the red top rotate CW and black rotate CCW then add the propellors accordingly.

Thatā€™s not Arducopter Motor Order. Toy quad maybe. This is right, which Hosein posted earlier in the thread.

The motor order may be different but the direction of rotation is the same. Red top motors spin CW and Black CCW. In the video they are reversed. This would explain the props coming off.

The prop direction is correct. In the video it shows:
Motor 1-CCW-Red nut (RH thread, so he claims) In the video this motor doesnā€™t rotate so assumption.
Motor 2-CCW-Red nut (RH thread, so he claims)
Motor 3-CW- Black nut (LH thread, so he claims)
Motor 4-CW-Black nut (LH thread, so he claims)

These rotations would tighten the nuts if what he says is true.

Perhaps he should just try it.

Yes. The nuts loosening donā€™t make sense with the information provided. I have had self tightening props fly off off during rapid deceleration if braking is enabled on the ESCā€™s, which it usually is with units sold for racing mini quads. But he claims itā€™s upon acceleration so I donā€™t have an answer. As you say get it out of the house and fly it!

In this scenario, one way to test is,
Remove props, place the prop nuts on the motors, turn one or two threads, & run the motors.
If it is not in the correct position, the nut will fall down(ejected from the motor !).

I tried and noticed that only top left arm (Motor 3 - CW - Black Nut) is coming off. The rest of the motors are ok