Most integrated compact FC for Fixed Wing option

Dave is there an option like pixhawk4 that has enclosure you recommend?

CUAV Nora. I don’t own one but did some work on a big X8 multirotor that had a Cube Black and Cube Orange before it. Very impressive.

awesome thanks for the tip will start researching that one

Pixracer Pro may be another good choice for you. I have 3 Pixracers (not pro) and they are solid. Pro has the latest Processor and IMU suites.

Let me take a look at that as well. At this point it might be what is in stock

mRo sells a pixracer kit with all the goodies. It’s worth a look.

To help you peel back more of that onion:

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/soaring.html

Great more u-turns in my research :slight_smile:

Yeah, that happens a lot around here. Enjoy! :grin:

1 Like

For small and simple, I typically go for something Pixracerish from MRO. They are reasonably compact, perform fine and have a port for spitting out FrSky telemetry without the need for an adaptor cable, which, for me, is a very handy feature.

Thanks, i looked at the mro options and like the mateck they are open board. I’m really liking the CUAV Nora since the v3x is being discontinued and pixhawk4 (slightly smaller). But still researching both

Do you guys have recommendations on FPV/HD video cameras and communication frequency and reliable hardware?

runcam and caddx and foxeer have hybrid cameras and one that are self contained with its own battery.

Is there a reputable video comms link rx/tx like the Crossfire that you recommend?

One upvote for anythinh mRo. My one experience with customer support was excelent. Knowledgable fellow got back to me in 30 min. Good hardware arrived ontime , worked good. One problem with an antenna, they shipped me a new one right away.

Todd

The Matek is much more advanced than the mini. It’s priced right and they have support but you need good soldering skills . But I would put a Matek in a $10,000 plane without hesitation .They have never failed me

What do you mean by “open board”

PCB has no enclosure, the Cuav and pixhax mini for example have an enclose with pigtails coming off one end.

I’m not shy to solder, I do all the time and have nice bench Hakko equipment, I just don’t want open boards like that for what I’m planning.

I’m down between the Cuav Nora and Pixhawk4 Mini, but still reading and researching hoping someone can convince me of another unit similar in form factor

HolyBro Durandal. H7 processor vs. the F7 in the Mini. And better IMU isolation which probably doesn’t do much for you with a Plane. Not a recommendation just another FC in a case option. I suppose Cubes with a Mini Carrier Board would be another.

Hi Dave, the Durandal is a great recommendation, similar processor as Cuav nora but it is cheaper, you actually convinced me to look at this and not consider the mini anymore. I’m all about having more I/O for expansion and future capability.

Wise move IMO. New features and options are continually added so its prudent to spend a few $$ more now to protect for that.

Agree 100%, plus I’m just starting, last thing I want is to run out of I/O and be limited by the FC. Now just have to find a dealer that has it in stock. Seems like all the vendors are no longer carrying holybro products or went out of business