Mission Planner Android

not currently, ive been adding joystick to rpi recently though

1 Like

you can upload a firmware. but you need to allow the prompts from android quickly, else you miss the bootloader window

1 Like

Plans to add it in future releases?

Is there some official documentation to install on rpi?

thanks,

Corrado

1 Like

Are we talking onscreen or real?

1 Like

Both, i am more interested in real, so that i can start using android on my ground station instead of windows :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Michael, is it any chance for a new MP on Android with the fix for voice?

1 Like

Should already be fixed on latest google.play version

2 Likes

Compass calibration doesn’t work on Android. Tested with Android 10, apm 2.8

1 Like

that because the apm 2.8 is not supported

1 Like

Apn 2.8 is supported! I my self connected it and everything worked fantastic.is it showing error 99 during compass calibration?

the last apm 2.8 firmware release was in 2015, and Mission Planner does not try to maintain 100% compatibility with it. so you will come across things that will not work.

1 Like

Yeah you cannot cover all features but it covers enough for us and it is great.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

MP on Android is great. I think it’s better than on Windows in some ways :wink: There is no problem with drivers (connecting RFD and Pololu antenna tracker). I have also some comments:

-android MP can’t remember settings (e.g. antenna tracker servo param, planner settings etc.) when MP is closed from android (it is saving parameters when I right click to close program),
-favourite column in full parameter list didn’t work, fav param don’t show on the top of the list,
-need joystick support :wink: I know that Android recognize joystick, but MP can’t,
-sometimes MP freezes when downloading parameters or changing pages.

Lenovo TB-X505L
Android 10
Newest Mission Planner from Google Play
USB OTG 3x USB type A with external power

Best regards!

1 Like

@darshit123 I am the one that reported the compass calibration issue, just from another account.
It doesn’t show any error, just hangs the app, sometimes it opens the calibration window but the window is blank and the app hangs after that. I am connecting my drone using an OTG cable, maybe that’s an issue? But every other function works fine, including mission planning!

1 Like

This reply is to Yaros1.is it showing white dots in that blank space.can you read how many data logs how you collected?i think you disconnected your apm when the compass calibration was not happening?dont do that.do one thing that connect your apm after opening mp.and are you using mp in android?and how many ram your phone have.i think you should clear memory cache before opening mp.do that.now compass calibration should work fine.

Darshit 123

@darshit123 I have a Samsung A50, I don’t see any dots, just blank window, I connect my apm before starting mission planner on android. Btw calibrating the same board on Windows works fine for me.

1 Like

that means you have error 99.and always connect apm after starting mp.how much is your phone ram?

4GB ram I think, but maybe 2, not sure

1 Like

4gb ram is super enough for mp.infact i also use 4gb ram.you should connect apm after starting mp.

That’s awesome!

Does anybody know if is possible to run python scripts, as in the windows version?

Thanks