Mission Planner Android

This would be awesome. I´d also use this feature.

Yes it did Michael!
I used the arm64 version. It works both on Samsung tablet and Samsung Edge mobile phone.
Lovely.
thank you!

I’m on a Lenova Tab P11 Plus (Android 11)
Use MP 1.3.77.1 Build 1.8288.10767
1.Polygon in the flight plan

2.Auto WP >simplegrid
Then the error screen pops up
Don’t know if there is a workaround, don’t want to fly out with a laptop

So what’s the current state on this topic? Has already someone mastered this, or is it definitely not (yet ) supported?
I’d like to stream HDMI video into tablets mission planner (via USB-HDMI converter).

I just use QGroundControl at the moment, it works out of the box, but it has it’s own issues, like it keeps opening every time i unlock the tablet. Super annoying, i rather just use Mission Planner that works perfect for everything else, but the devs don’t seem to work on this port? Silence and crickets only :smiley:

Look here:

Interesting. But the Siyi system is using an (it’s own?) Ethernet-to-USB adapter with drivers in Mission Planner. I’m looking for a more generic approach using standard USB-HDMI adapter respective respectively UVC devices.

I use a standard Ethernet to USB Adapter from the shop in my country for the Video Link.
And Bluetooth for the Telemetry.

I am using herelink and want to plan spray mission with heading hold and servo ON. Please help regarding this issue.
Is it possible to turn ON heading hold option in the Grid setting.
I want to plan mission for spray operation. If you (researchers) have any idea regarding the auto WP mission with servo control and head hold path planning using Android application.
Qgroundcontrol is not having heading hold option neither servo control.

I tried use “custom.config.xml” in Android version, didn’t work ! I need help to do define different initial config.xml.

Thank You,

@Johnex
Did you resolve the rtsp issue on Android?
I also try to get it working but so far no answer from any developer as to the reasons why it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

I did find soo much redundance implementation about DisplayView control. There is default parameter in internal code, I will review this, but, will be some work ! I force in code first, is more easy. I will open oppurtinity to correct this in Master.

Thank You,

Hello, as this this topic for MP and android I would like to know am I the only one not able to connect my android devices to MP?

It is about one month how I’m testing my rc boat with MP and laptop. It is all ok. But from time to time I try to connect my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultr Note, or Samsung Tablet with no success. I do have usb otg connector and my SiK powers up when I connect it to android device. But no connection. I use UDP and 57600 boud.

When I connect radio to phone or tablet I get notification what program I want to use for connected device MP or QGC. As my all configuration are made with MP I always used to choose MP. But today I decided to opent QGC. And you know what? It s got connected! So what is my problem with MP, why I can not connect it to my tablet or phone?

Gediminas

I think you need to share what Sik radio are you using.

Did you choose the right port, driver and baud rate?

1 Like

My bad.
Yes, it was just a matter of choosing a right port.

I have tested MP with my Tablet. I can control my boat and get telemetry but can’t set home position. Im getting “No SRTM data for this area”.

Gediminas

1 Like

Hi Karl, I will test this using MK15 Siyi radio, I will return soons,

1 Like

@framosnt
Thanks.
Noticed in a recent Android version of MP the fault messages that used to pop up when trying to use RTSP as a gstreamer source, are gone.
There is now a test screen image poping up instead, but still no video stream.

1 Like

Respected @Michael_Oborne Sir,
Huge respect for your contribution towards community.

Requested Heading Hold Option in Android Version of Mission Planner.
That one small option can be very useful for community.
Kindly add that option, if possible, in android apk .

A new observation:
Never tried Follow Me Mode before. So today attempted this just for testing purposes and found there appears only one location update coming through when first connecting to GPS within MP. ( Screen where GPS source, baudrate and update frequency is selected)

• This is on Android 9 within SIYI MK.

Not a great deal as I don’t usually use it anyway but just saying for the benefit of other users.

Any update on Joystick support? I recently got an Android Backbone One and would love to be able to use it in Mission Planner.

1 Like