Mission Planner Android

Hi @lorbass,

Yes ! UI Language = Portuguese. I did try change to English, but didn’t change the Speaker,

obs.: This only in Android ! I tried in same tablet or cellphones, same problem.

thank you,

I will try old MP android version to test restore portuguese voice again….

@lorbass @Michael_Oborne

I did install old version Mission Planner Android to see and proof that has a BUG about voice language option (Planner setup list box).

mission_planner v52731 1.3.74 SPEAKING CORRECTLY !

new android version going out now, that i think will move back to the correct speech lang.

your tablet must have chinese tts engine installed

very nice ! MP go back to respond to correct speech language correctly !

thank you !

@Michael_Oborne Just wondering, while you are at the sound things.
Any update to make the android version Start/Stop Vario to work?

Yes, or this one already reported:

I’ll check it out as this uses a feature not native to android MissionPlanner/Vario.cs at 9f049aeb4cfc69feef855d77d21aa03478c381c1 · ArduPilot/MissionPlanner · GitHub

1 Like

I’ll look at this as well. I know the issue for this one, fixing it will be harder

1 Like

Thank you, we are spoiled from the perfect App for Windows. :wink:

1 Like

Michael, please just ignore this post if not helpful to you.

If you can make the Vario beeps work from MissionPlanner either under Raspberry or Android, I am super happy.

I found this for beeps under Android:

and this for beeps under RaspberryPi OS:
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=204440

ive already added some code for android, but not release on google play yet. if you download first from githib and load it should work

Wow, that was quick!
Thanks a lot!

hm maybe I installed the wrong version from Github, it only do one beep when I turn the Vario On. Then silence even when alt change.
I have a Samsung tablet with android, which file to install? there are 5 of them. I choose
com.michaeloborne.MissionPlanner-signed.apk

I found also 5, no idea which one. Therefore no one installed on my Samsung Android Version 5.

if its a new android version use the arm64 version

1 Like

App starts to install and ends with the message: App not installed.
On two Samsung Tablet SM-P605, Android 5.1.1
Version 1.3.76 works.

If you first uninstall the current App, it will succeed to install the new version.
At least mine did.

yes, it latest version. I installed the arm64 version okay and it runs.
However, same as before only one single beep when I turn on the Vario.
I checked with the same plane to connect with Missionplanner under Win10 and it beeps like expected when I move the plane around. So at least that can be ruled out.
Could it be its sending a tone too high or too low for me to hear it?

ok new version on github, that should fix the vario