Mission Planner Android

A new observation:
Never tried Follow Me Mode before. So today attempted this just for testing purposes and found there appears only one location update coming through when first connecting to GPS within MP. ( Screen where GPS source, baudrate and update frequency is selected)

• This is on Android 9 within SIYI MK.

Not a great deal as I don’t usually use it anyway but just saying for the benefit of other users.

Any update on Joystick support? I recently got an Android Backbone One and would love to be able to use it in Mission Planner.

1 Like

Version 112346 with USB Sik Radio, Android 12 and 13, Mi11 and oneplus 9 pro

I think a statement like that should resolve the issue.

int flags = Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= Build.VERSION_CODES.S ? PendingIntent.FLAG_MUTABLE : 0;
usbManager.requestPermission(driver.getDevice(),
PendingIntent.getBroadcast(mAppContext, 0,
new Intent(INTENT_ACTION_USB_PERMISSION), flags));

pushing a new build now on Google Play

3 Likes

Thank so much for the quick response. It works now as previous.

2 Likes

Last night trying new exprement Telemtry + Bluetooth
But facing new issue Android mp not working via bluetooth

Pc mission planner

Pc mp work via bluetooth

Yesterday before Android mp reinstall via bluetooth working ok
And after reinstalling, not working via bluetooth
Port selection tab bluetooth is not visible, some settings from me miss ?

Android mission planners

Thankful to mission planner Android, traditional RC becomes “smarter”.

1 Like

Well, I tried …

Guess I can’t send anything back to you Frank.
This air unit was mailed last Apr 7th.

2nd time something was returned.

I need help to build mission planner for android. I cannot find any relevant discussion or guide. Any kind of help or guidance is appreciated.
@Michael_Oborne

Just install it from here: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=missionplanner&c=apps

@Lorbass1 Thanks but I need help to build a customized version of mission planner for android.

I believe it is already mentioned.

Android code.

Hi Karl,

Any news about rtsp video using MP android ?

Thank you

@framosnt
To be honest having been able to fly lately due to a dead battery.
But just connected it to a plug-pack and found same as before: A test screenshot comes up but nothing else.

Maybe someone else on here has had more luck with it.
RIMG0420

What dongle are you using connected to phone?

any USB Sik Radio, example 1, example 2.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-telemetry-landingpage.html

Hi, apols if this has been answered previously
Android MP is working brilliantly on my Galaxy S20 Ultra thanks.
Joystick - is it supported and not working for me, or not supported, not working.
thanks in advance. (btw stunned it supported all the rtk/ntrip stuff)

There has been some good news today:

…just when you think you’ve got everything setup nicely…

Has anyone any idea how to delete the map cache of MP within Android on the SIYI MK15 ?
…or any other thoughts how to fix this sudden map issue?

The interesting thing is I can change to regular map fine, but any of the satellite images won’t update anymore.
…and yes, I’m connected to the internet which is confirmed by the fact that I can load any of the regular maps.

Update:

• Manage to clear cache → No difference.
  • Also found folder in which map data is stored. - Deleted folder to force map update. → No difference.
  • Removed MP including user data and cleared cache. Re-installed with latest beta version. → No difference

@Michael_Oborne
latest beta version for Android (1.8.3. 8634 2991) crashes when clicking on “Connect” whilst port setting is on “Auto”
If correct port is set and then connected it starts.
However, when trying to change to a different map within the “Plan” screen it also crashes.

I have then used a regular Android10 phone and started standard MP 1.3.80 and whilst satellite map appeared, it quickly became apparent that no map update occurs when trying to zoom in (map screen remains blank/white).

…just thought this info might be useful. Thanks

Hi Karl,

I did receive connection problem in any installed Android versions, I tried recovery fabric version of Android and returned to normally, but I didn’t find cause yet.