MAVLink to HoTT telemetry converter for Graupner RC users

Hi thanks for great firmware it works great and for free! zdv770 if you will have same free time maybe you could check why vario voice info from graupner doesn’t work correctly :frowning: Voice info about desceding or ascending in earphones is to late and not accurate but that can be a problem with ardurino not with your mavlink to hott telemetry.

1.4.5 works great for me, but i’m missing some modes, for example FlowHold.

I resigned from voice vario and other things works ok

I’ll be glad to make updates. Could you please tell me what features you need.

Thanks for great work zdv770! If you will have some free time :slight_smile: for me most useful will be voice vario. In current firmware it doesn’t work. It’s to slow or not correct. In my Mikrokopter octocopters when this function is enabled when I am flying higher I hear higher voice in earphones, when I am descending I hear lower voice. When I am at the same altitude there is no voice. It’s extremely useful but I am afraid that this in not possible with mavlink protocol and arducopter, you have to check.

That will be also nice to count how many mAh was used from battery from 0. I have different batteries with different capacity and on the filed it’s hard to change the capacity in my graupner mx20 each time I am changing the batteries. Or maybe if you want to stay with option with capacity with subtraction from full battery maybe you would add an option with some kind of memory for different batteries where I will have fast access to choose different batteries capacity.

I think voice alerts in my garupner mx20 are not correct. Which version of voice files do you use? Could you send the download link from graupner site?

Current version does display mAh used
See http://mediamax.pro/MAVLink2HoTT/

Do you mean disabling battery percent functionality and just display used capacity instead of remaining?

Unfortunately I don’t have MIkroKopter and though I cannot understand you question exactly.
Current functionality of voice altitude messages is as follows: when aircraft crosses altitude boundary of 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 200, 400, 600, 800 and 1000 meters up or down, voice alarm is triggered.
All voice files are from standard Graupner distro.
Is only VARIO emulation emabled? Try to enable other emulations and tell me.

That’s it… You’re welcome with more questions.

Best regards,
Michel

Update is on the way

MK

1 Like

yes :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I don’t have MIkroKopter and though I cannot understand you question exactly.

In Mikrokopter I don’t have alarm when I will cross altitude but I hear constant high voice when I am ascending and low voice when I am descending.

Hello Michel,

great work you did there. I have been using your MAVLink2HoTT for a while with a GR-24 receiver without problems.
I now did a new built up with a GR-12L and telemetry does not work :frowning:
I’m using an Arduino Pro Mini 16MHz board. Works on a GR-24 and GR-18, but not on the GR-12L. Other sensors work with the GR-12L.
I’m quite familiar with the HoTT Telemetry Protocol and also did a Text-Menu implementation for openXsensors (available at https://github.com/sternflyer/openXsensor-extended-HoTT). I checked the response of MAVLink2HoTT in Text- as well as in Binary Mode in a serial terminal. The Arduino responses with the correct data, but I believe the timing is incorrect. I know that especially the GR-12L is quite “picky” when it comes to timing.
Is there a possibility you can check the timing to ensure it meets the HoTT Protocol? It should be 5ms before sending data after a request and 2ms between each byte.
I’m quite happy to support you if you need help looking at timing in your code.
Thanks!

Kind regards

Niko

Thanks for the input.

We had issues with the GR-12 and just put it in the parts bin.

At present we have moved to JETI systems for all our drones.
So all we had to do was reburn our arduino’s with Mav2Duplex.

Does the oXs support Jeti?
I noticed it was mentioned in the GitHub listing.

So there’s no solution for the GR-12L at the moment?
If that’s so, then I’ll probably have to start from scratch…

Hello to all,

Is there someone who knows where to find the description of the Hott Telemetry Protocol? Sumd I have found but the telemetry protocol seems to be well hidden to me :slight_smile:

Hi,

I cannot upload v1.4.6, took the previous version 1.4.5 which loaded fine.

MAVLink2HoTT works great for me on Arduplane 3.9.6 and Arducopter 4.0.2 using these settings (both on TELEM1 of Pixhawk 2.1 black cube):

SERIAL1_BAUD = 57
SERIAL1_OPTIONS = 0
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL = 1

SR1_ADSB = 0
SR1_EXT_STAT = 1
SR1_EXTRA1 = 4
SR1_EXTRA2 = 4
SR1_EXTRA3 = 2
SR1_PARAMS = 4
SR1_POSITION = 3
SR1_RAW_CTRL = 0
SR1_RAW_SENS = 2
SR1_RC_CHAN = 2

Thank you !

Hello,

I successfully upload v1.4.6 and use it with a GR16 and arducopter 4.0.3 with a Pixhawk 4 mini. I need just to connect the telemetry input (arduino pin3) to the pin 2 of the pixhawk telemetry connector (the 1 is the red +5V).

At the beginning, it was necessary to have the 433 MHz telemetry link established with Qgroundcontrol to get data on Graupner Tx.

After setting following parameters with an USB connection :
SR1_EXTRA1 10
SR1_EXTRA2 10
SR1_EXTRA3 3
SR1_EXT_STAT 2
SR1_POSITION 3
SR1_RAW_SENS 2
SR1_RC_CHAN 2

It works perfectly.

One remark to zdv770 :slightly_smiling_face:

• do you plan to publish your code in order to insure its maintenance in case you switch to other hobbies???

Without it, using Graupner Tx for Ardupilot UAV won’t be so easy.

Thanks a lot,
Benoit

Yes, I do plan code publishing, but I have to get rid of some garbage in it before.

Thank you for feedback. I’ll see what I can do.
I have to reproduce the problem to make solution, but it works quite well with all hardware I have.

Hello,
we have v1.4.6 on arduino, Pixhawk with PX4, Graupner MZ32 and everything is working fine while UAV is disarmed. The moment when the drone is armed and motors start spinning the 2times/sec flashing switches to very slow flashing (5sec on, 5sec off) and telemetry values on RC are freezing. When disarming again everything works fine again.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Max

Hello zdv770,
Thanks.
We don’t get rid if they’re some garbage in the code.
You could clean it later.
Benoit

Hello,
I plan to replace my MX-16 Tx by a MZ-16 to increase number of channels available. But I wish to keep Telemetry as friendly as with my MX-16. Does anybody have MZ-16 telemetry screenshots with MavLink2Hott interface ?

Regards,
Benoit

I connected the esc telemetry line that supports hott telemetry to the RX port and set the [SERIAL1_PROTOCOL]to 27 (HOTT),Can read voltage and current information in flight control?