Lora telemetry module with pixhawk

yes , sure , it can transmit any type data. Note: "Mavlink never lost " feature works only for mavlink data.

Artem, Hey! Can you help me? I try to connect pixhawk to Esp32

Definetely want to hear more from you @Giaco! As I said, I am also curious on these product.
Thank you for being responsive. I experineced that 1 small parameter might conflict everything.@Artem_Skorsky. Great to hear from you of returning products if not satisfied because I may be purchasing few of them in the near future.

i dont have experinece with ESP32, but there are some documentation on Ardupilot website might help you. (https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-esp8266-telemetry.html)

1 Like

Good, my problem is I want to use a Arduino Uno with a Lora like a Telemetry. I thinked that I can use esp32 Lora too.

we have also sent you email to help you sort out the issue you are facing with Zoon modules.

Also we have fixed the bug on ZOON graphic based parameter setting app. please update zoon chrome extencion and configure the modules from here (https://zoon.dronee.aero/). Now it works reliably on Win and Mac .

Thanks Artem,
i have finally finished assembling all the vehicles and will hopefully be able to do some comparisons in the coming week or two. I did see that the online configurator has been update, but i am still unable to activate any of the ā€œneverlostā€ functionality. Is this something that is working on your units, or have i possibly configured something incorrectly? Not matter what i select, i canā€™t seem to be able to get that capability to save. I did receive a not from Maksim as well, but was lectured on how i just donā€™t understand networking rather than answering my questionsā€¦ so iā€™m still struggling a bit here.
More to follow as i work with the radios now that i have much better antennasā€¦

You have bought ZOON v2, and ZOON V3. " Mavlink Never lost" works only on ZOON V3, are you sure that you are trying to activate this on on V3? on the back side of the ZOON module you can see which one is V3 ,V2

Hey, How do you do to connect STM32 with Mission Planner?

Artem,
Iā€™ve done some follow-up testing with the Zoons i have (V1 and V2ā€™s, no V3ā€™s) and overall they seem to be performing really well as far as i have pushed them (2-3km on the 8 setting). One this i have noticed is that i am unable to monitor the RSSI or remRSSI in the GCS, which is making a comparison with other radios a bit of a challenge.

I was able to get 6 vehicles and a GCS all communicating via the Zoons, up until i fired up a DJI mavic mini, which somehow crushed the link (not sure why or how, given its in another band, but will continue exploring).

Do you receive the expected throughput from each vehicle when all of them are connected to GCS? Or do you lose bandwidth?

HI to get the RSSi , you need to activate this only on the ZOOn which is connected to PC

Hey Artem,
Thatā€™s whatā€™s iā€™ve done, but havenā€™t been able to get RSSI or REMRSSI. Unfortunately, the android Qgroundcontrol app doesnā€™t accept the modem either, so Iā€™m stuck using the computer as my GCS.

you can use on Android phone. we have tested, no issue. about RSSi, can you check it with MP. because i am not very familiar with QGC, but on MP definitely shows RSSI on HUD display

Maxim,
I should have been more specific. When using the modems for MAVLink on an android phone to a quad running ardupilot, i was unable to get the phone to recognize that there was any serial connection (using QGC) when the Zoon was plugged in. The 3dr radios picked right up. Its probably a QGC problem, but leaves me with no real way to command APM drones. They do work if you are running INAV firmware though.

I was able to see some readouts from RSSI on QGC, but they were in -dBm, so figuring out how much range i have left is a challenge, especially when iā€™m out 1-2km over other peopleā€™s property, i need more space if i am going to push it to failsafe. I am trying to load it in Mission Planner, but MP doesnā€™t like linux, and APM Planner 2 doesnā€™t seem to be displaying any of the RSSI feeds.

Update - Still fighting to get Mission Planner working correctly, but i was able to run a Z1 on the drone and Z2 at the GCS. Due to weather coming in i didnā€™t push it, but was at 95% RSSI at half a km. It would be really nice if APM planner or another multi-vehicle GCS could plot RSSI logs, but iā€™m slowly working it out. Once i fix the glitch in connecting to MP with the Zoons, iā€™ll see how far i can push it. Overall,not terribly easy to set up, but for the size these radios are pretty darn nice and incredibly quiet in the spectrum.

@Artem_Skorsky What is the lowest data rate that you have flown with on a drone?
In doing some bench testing tonight, in Mission Planner the lowest i could go was your ā€œ4ā€ level at 25kbps without mission planner not seeing a hearbeat in enough time. APM planner would connect, but struggled as well without seeing heartbeats often enough. I found that the minimum i could get away with was ā€œ6ā€ or 44kbps @-114dbm if i wanted to upload or download any waypoints, parameters, or any other functions i would consider critical to operating a GCS other than for pure tracking. My plan is to fly on this setting tomorrow to see what kind of range i can get, and perhaps try to extrapolate out from there.

Thanks
Chris

Could you please upload a picture showing Mission Plannerā€™s MAVLink Inspector when 5+ devices are connected via ZOON modems? I wonder received stream rates

@eminakgn i havenā€™t forgotten about you, but iā€™m still struggling to do an actual range test with the Zoons, as the link momentarily breaks so often that i canā€™t use the GSC failsafe, and so i donā€™t really have an option other than blind flying once i out-fly the RC link range.

As soon as i get a rainy day iā€™ll connect everything back up again. Do you care what data rate is selected for the radios? Iā€™m not sure i have 5 vehicles configured and ready to go, but i should be able to do at least 4.

Another Item that makes continued testing with the Zoons and Ardupilot a challenge is the inability to interface with an android application via the Zoon Radios. Not sure if this is something that is an ardupilot thing that perhaps @DonLakeFlyer may be able to help with, or purely QGC not recognizing the modem, but i can connect to INAV vehicles using Mission Planner v1.47.1033 on android, but no luck on QGC, and very little support even in Mission Planner (android Ez-Gui app) for Zoon Modems.