Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Hey Gal.
These are the batteries I was looking to use. They are the ones that the Smart Battery system is setup to use.

Not sure what the difference would be.

1 Like

Ricky, From reading the data sheet for this batteries and the size of your designed pack it seems like you plan on building a 6S6P battery with a capacity of 20700mah. Based on the data sheet the max discharge rate is 10Ah which I think you don’t want to get to that, it will be living on the edge if you know what I mean. A much more safer range would be to calculate this battery as a max 2C rate which will give you a a safer discharge rate of 6800mah X 20700 = 41.4ah which is ok, but depends what the discharge load your motors and electronics will put.
The vtc6 can pull much more juice on almost the same spec (3120mah) but with a discharge rate of 10c (which you never want to go to) but safely you can pull 15amp without any problems.
Just a thought
 (I hope my math is ok though :wink:)

Hey Gal
first perhaps we should start a new thread as this really is a different subject. Second, I don’t understand your comment. I confess I am no mathematician nor a battery guru so I am easily confused. Your saying the battery isn’t a good choice because it has a 10 ah discharge. Not sure I understand how or why that matters. Again I am no expert.
Also whats 6800mah
where does that value come from. I can see where 20700 comes from.
I think your suggesting the c rating of the battery is to low.

1 Like

is this the battery your suggesting

1 Like

6.6 is the latest, download from skydroid page (fuav)

Hey guys,

I see you guys are discussing battery packs - so I apologize if I am mistaken and this is unrelated. But have you guys looked into Foxtech Diamond batteries. I have been wanting to order them - but can’t find anyone who has actually tested/used them.

https://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-diamond-6s-22000mah-semi-solid-state-lipo-battery.html
https://www.foxtechfpv.com/diamond-6s-30000mah-semi-solid-state-lipo-battery.html

They seem to have the same energy density of 3C Li-Ion - but with with a higher 5-10C rating.

1 Like

Cala2 could you tell me specifically the page where you downloaded version 6.6. In www.skydroid.xin I have tried but nothing comes down. It is a somewhat difficult page to use. I would be grateful if you could tell me. Cheers

Ricky, These are the exact batteries I was referring to. They are perfect for our kind of applications and best performance.

I started a new thread so we don’t clutter this one
Gal

1 Like

I hope it was this one but is all in chinnese, try and err for me lol. http://app.mi.com/details?id=org.droidplanner.android.fuav
Its new that is in google play, perhaps soon they update that too.

2 Likes

cala2, thank you very much for your support. I have finally managed to update Tower to 6.6 thanks to the link you indicated. what I don’t know is what’s new in this version

2 Likes

Unlike open source projects the Skydroid are closed lips about their code for some reason. Annoying but it is what it is.
I always download from xiaomi site

2 Likes

Very interesting, I am preparing my T12 and I would like to know more about your MX580 configuration to reach that distance, type of engines, dimensions of the propellers, battery, flight controller
Thanks in advance

2 Likes

3 Tx models from Skydroid. M12L, T10 and SG12. Just had a first short flight today using the T10. Definitely needs a bigger screen for the display, such as 8" or 10" tablet if one intends to do fpv flying. The 6" android phone used today was a little too small for comfortable fpv flying. Egronomically, the M12L is the best among them. Next will be testing the SG12. No long range flying just yet, only LOS.

2 Likes

delete app if you have downloaded from play store.

http://app.mi.com/details?id=org.droidplanner.android.fuav

I had same issue , resolved by just downloading from above link.

hi ricky what all 3rd party camera can we use? like which model of gopro for example or thermal ?

Are you asking about the Skydroid video converter? I use it with a GoPro 6 however it is thru a second hdmi2av converter since the Skydroid video converter accepts only AV.
HTH
Gal
[Like this](â‚Ș 15.54 | HDMI TO AV Scaler Adapter HD Video Composite Converter Box HDMI to RCA AV/CVSB L/R Video 1080P Mini HDMI2AV Support NTSC PAL New https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUa1BHA)

Hello! Recently I acquired the 3DR iris with broken, I will recover and make updates: Motors 2216 880kv, PM06 v2 and esc racerstar 20A and Ublox m8030.
The doubt is! Does the skydroid T10 have a secure link?
Thank you for your attention!

Greetings from Brazil!

What do you mean by Secure Link.

1 Like

Hello! “Secure Link” if it does not suffer from interference is the range good?

2 Likes

Hi @Valdenilton_Franca, usually a secure link means if the data is encrypted over the ether.
However to your question about range and quality we do believe here that is a very good product. I use the T12 my self and if I remember correctly I think @cala2 did a 17km range test.
HTH
Gal

2 Likes