Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

The T10 is frequency hopping like most modern RC systems. So interference isn’t a problem…at least no more so then any other type of RC systems.

1 Like

I’m a beginner thanks for the information!

2 Likes

Yes, with a rover and M12L radio, but then more people went farther.

1 Like

Something bad happens to my Skydroid T12 system. Today for some unknown reason, I cannot connect to Skydroid FPV or FUAV Device Helper or Skydroid tower, in all cases the app will open and then it will be reduced immediately, unable to keep it active and a message appears saying “Skydroid FPV Keeps Stopping”. However Qgroundcontrol works OK.
I’m very confused. This happens with all the equipment that I connect and that previously worked very well with all my android phones and tablets(Samsung tablet, huawei’s Phone, etc)
After trying a series of maneuvers, it turns out that I deactivated the internet connection of the devices and, “voilá” !, they started working again, while they were not connected to the internet. I connect the internet again and they fail again.
I have tried everything from reinstalling the apps, seeing other versions, etc and nothing happens
The bad thing is that without the internet, there is no map update.
Big problem
Please help

The bad thing is that without the internet, there is no map update.
It seems that these apps connect whenever they can and it seems that the server is down. Big problem!

I have looked for some support without success. It is painful since I am waiting for the arrival of several T12 and T10 transmitters. Now I am very concerned about my investment

1 Like

Hi all,

seems like this link “http://app.mi.com/details?id=org.droidplanner.android.fuav” is now gone, no more apk downloads.

Tried to download latest helper the one from google play is crashing.

Can any one share latest tower and helper on a dropbox or google drive please?

Thanks,
Gal

Hi Gal,
Today everything changed a little. From the Play store you can get Skydroid Tower (no map for now) and Skydroid FPV, both working ok. The Helper works as long as the cell phone or tablet has no internet connection (neither direct nor wifi), isolated.
Sydroid cough I see that it is making modifications incorporating map functions. I imagine they will be ok soon.
Anyway, if there is no internet connection, they all work, but there are no maps.
Qgroundcontrol, it works ok, with maps and everything. video overlay with skaydroid FPV ok.
As far as I have been able to investigate, it is not a matter of which edition or version it is, but rather a problem of the developer that occurs when the application connects to the server when opening it.
I hope it will be overcome soon,
For now everything is very unstable
Regards,
Patrick

1 Like

Yes I noticed too that they are doing lots of changes in their pages, better not update nothing if apps are working until they get good working.

1 Like

Thank you @PAPO and @cala2.
Since I didn’t run any updates on the Skydroid software, but my Android updated to 10 I have to assume it is related somehow.
I shall try the wifi off method.
Gal

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what version of Android you are using. I have tried all versions from 6 to 10. They all behave the same.
I suggest waiting to see if the developers fix everything

There may be a working version in my Dropbox folder if that helps.

1 Like

Well guys, turned off the wifi and surprise, it worked. Now I wonder how would we be able to update tx and rx firmware without wifi.

With all my affection to the t12 @SKYDROID has left us drying in the sun without any support, annoying.
Gal

So this issue is a server down is that what everyone is saying.
I left a message for the Skydroid team. Not sure how long it will be before they respond.

1 Like

This is device helper

This is tower.

This is the FPV app, but I am not sure the link is working.
http://app.xiaomi.com/details?id=com.shenyaocn.android.fuav

Seems that on Wednesday something broke and they are not sure why.

1 Like

Thank you @rickyg32, I shall try because I never had this problem (wifi) before. I was able to upgrade the firmware both on tx and rx from the tablet through the wifi

Hi Gal-I don’t have this hardware but it sounds like the developer left the users high and dry with no support. Is that true?

1 Like

Hey Dave.
Seems they had a system glitch and they lack a formal customer notification system and so users got caught by the problem. With no understanding of what is happening. I think it’s not resolved…at least the links I pasted earlier should work.

1 Like

Thank you, but
please check, both codes are from device helper, not from tower.
This “Device Helper” works very well, even with internet connected

1 Like

http://www.skydroid.xin/download/app/SkydroidTower.apk
http://app.xiaomi.com/details?id=com.shenyaocn.android.fuav
http://www.skydroid.xin/download/app/DeviceHelper.apk

Are these versions newer than the ones released in late 2019?