Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

I had a great flight today, farthest I was 2.2km where rssi was down to 10% so I climbed higher and rssi went to 30% so I returned Without any problems.

I have an issue with the voice messages, for some reason it’s in Chinese :grin:.

I’m in love with my t12

3 Likes

Hello @SKYDROID, any news on the video converter?

1 Like

Hey @gnitzan
I’m a little worried about the radio range issue. 2.5km is a too short distance to lose signal, as the seller says it reache 20km.

Has anyone reached longer distances?

:question:

1 Like

Well, it wasn’t in LOS and there were obstacles between the drone and me so I think it’s acceptable.
I had a warning which at the time I didn’t know what it was “smart-rtl deactivated buffer is full” so I returned, otherwise I would have gone further since when I climbed up rasi has improved. Need more to investigate and test.

3 Likes

Hello all,
Happy to report, I made a test flight this morning to a distance of 5.7 km chasing ships anchored at sea.

RSSI was down to 30% and I didn’t want to go higher than 60m, so I returned.
So all in all, still pushing the boundaries.
Gal

4 Likes

Hello all, I was wandering how to setup more than three flight modes on my T12 (ML is probably the same). I have one switch with loiter, alt hold and stabilize and I would like to have auto mode as well.

I would prefer not to give up the Alt hold mode if it is possible, however of course I would if no option to do that.
Thank you
Gal

1 Like

If you are using for copter you have to adign another ch, if you use with plane, I hope no choice yet, that the only limitation I find to this system, you have to use the app to change to auto and have the most emergency modes on the switch like rtl manual and medium auomatic like loiter etc.

1 Like

Thank you @cala2, didn’t think about that, that’s what I did for rtl and auto tune :grin:, I just assumed auto should be on ch5.
Gal

2 Likes

Dear All

Need help to find T12 telemetry specs, to setup in ardupilot windows software. I cant receive T12 data , as signal power , etc…

On tower app, I connect the TX with the app, however after the bip from the radio, I can sew the image and the map. But I dont receive the telemetry data. Is there some thing to config in app or TX/RX?

Tks

Hi @BobJ,
Take a look here, I think its the steps you need, starting at the line In tower
HTH
Gal

@BobJ, did you do radio calibration?
If not than you need to do. Also you need to check all channels from helper app, if I remember correctly I had to make some changes to set the correct settings for my FC

Have you setup flight modes to buttons on t12?
If not than you need to do.

The beep comes when t12 connects to the receiver not when connected to the app.

If app is not connected it keeps on beeping every 5sec or so.

Connect from app to t12 using Bluetooth

Hi all, I’m following this topic since few weeks now, trying to read everything. I juste received a M12 Pro today. Thanks to all of you, I managed to configure everything almost perfectly.
I juste have a major issue, I can’t connect the TX using USB. It’s woring great using Bluetooth with my Android phone, I can connect to everything but nothing through the USB. I tried in normal mode and in Update mode (I think I tried because I was wondering which button is the “A” one but I guess it’s the upper left one on the right hand side, cause the startup procedure doesn’t make any sound if I’m pressing this button) and I tried with both sockets (the USB-A and the Micro USB one). I tried on my phone and on my computer and nothing worked.
I tried to install the drivers I found in the dropbox but the installation software give me an error.
I’m totally lost, does anyone could help me with that ? Have you got an idea of what I’m doing wrong ?

Thank you very much in advance,
Regards,
Amaury.

Hello: did you try with the provided cable? can you try with another good quality one? You have to use the micro socklet. did your pc recognice the com port or nothing?

Are your trying to set it up like Greg Covey’s?

Hi and thank you very much for your replies.
@cala2 : I tried with 2 different cables (the provided one and a good one I’ve got at home which is working great with other devices) and nothing change. My computer doesn’t recognize the com port, there no sound, nothing, like nothing’s happening.

@rollys : No, I’m just trying to connect it through USB instead of bluetooth, in order to update it and to have a more stable connexion than the bluetooth one. I tried to get bluetooth AND usb but nothing changed : everytime I’m plugging the USB, nothing happens on my PC…

Thank’s again to you both for your help.

hi!

Im sorry is this question was already awnsered, but I was wonder if the video of the T12 RX can be seen from Qground Control. I dont like the “mirroring” of the FPV. The idea our customers can use this, and I cant ask them open the FPV program and then QgrounControl…

thanks!

I hope not yet, thats a qgc problem, no option but you can use Tower skydroid vers that is updated and works well but only with their devices.

1 Like

Im not a computer expert but sounds as driver problem @rickyg32 any suggestion?

Hi @SKYDROID

I suggest a modification on the smartphone support. It will be nice to make a bigger hole to connect the USB cable to the smartphone (especially for those who a little thicker).
Currently, we are obliged to saw cut the top of an edge of the support.

Another question: What about the video serializer?

Thanks for all

Yes sir I’m interested in digital video transmitting :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: