Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Hi cala2 ,

No, did not !
I’ll try at night and let you know the results!

Tks

2 Likes

Hi Gal
Gonna try as you explained…

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Dear all, hello.
As suggested I tried to connecting tx using Bluetooth.
It worked.
I’m a little disappointed, because in my understanding the cable connection is safer since it does not suffer interference. Regarding the use of the camera, I made the connection with the USB cable … the app says it is connected, however nothing appears on the screen, everything is black. Trying to make the image appear, I carelessly gave command to record and take photos. I only realized this later when I checked the tablet’s internal storage and found videos and photos in perfect condition.
In resume: the camera works and the app controls it, however the image does not appear online … any ideas?

1 Like

Sorry I dont have video with the radio but one thing you can try is to use another usb cable just in case, I didnt have issues with bt connection but without video, I have a M12L,

1 Like

Hi Bob,
I had the same problem, no video.
For me it was that the software wasn’t the latest version with a bug fix from Skydroid.
HTH,
Gal

1 Like

Hi Gal
I’m sorry , I didnt undestand…
Didi you solve the problem?

1 Like

Hi @BobJ, yes I did, by installing Tower latest version and FPV latest version and than, update firmware on both tx and rx.
HTH,
Gal

2 Likes

Just wondering how the serial converter is going? The missing link to great things!

3 Likes

@BobJ
I made a mistake here, cable is needed for the Tower app video as well

2 Likes

@gnitzan
Thank you !

1 Like

Dear All
The video online still not working…
My firmwares are both 3.4. RX/TX
I’m not sure if my VPV app is the last one. Please could anybody confirm?
Any other ideia about the video issue ?

Thank you

1 Like

What version for FPV app and Tower app?

1 Like

Look my answer at post 1417, there you have the links

1 Like

@gnitzan
FPV-4.4
Tower-5.9

1 Like

@BobJ, versions are correct.

I don’t have access right now to the hardware, however, I remember I set somewhere the speed of the camera link, but for the life of me I can’t remember where it was (and I’m not sure that it has an impact on anything).

I am trying to write from memory now…
if you start your radio and until it is connected to receiver it beeps, right?
Make sure you allowed all security request of the Tower and FPV app!
Make sure you have defined Bluetooth to radio (T12_xxx).
Make sure you are connected to the vehicle
connect the USB cable, if it request you to start FPV app don’t let it and don’t set FPV app as default for now.
start Tower app and it will ask you if to connect to the camera (I hope it does) say yes.
After Tower app starts:
Bottom left, select ML10/12 and not T12 then click the connect and it shall show you an option to select Bluetooth connection (that is one time config) from now on you shall need only to press the connect.
If you see your vehicle data at the top, I believe you should see at right bottom the video.
Let me know how it went.
Gal

2 Likes

Dear @gnitzan
Did every as you told me.
Surprise!
Nothing changed…
Later I tried changing the mobile device… Bingo!
Worked very good.
So, I imagine the android version was the issue.

Thank tou very much

3 Likes

Could you post the Android version that didn’t work so the community has a reference to it.

thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Wow, this is great news. Yesterday after saving my post, I thought to myself “maybe it’s an old Android”… anyway, I am glad it works for you because I only have a handful of flights with mine so I will be very happy to exchange “notes”.
The longest flight I did was yesterday, it was about 1500m or so, the whole time rssi seemed at 100%.
I still struggle with the Tower app which is very nice because the video is embedded in the app, unlike QGC where the video is just a window that you need to place out of the map and the navigation info not always easy.
Gal

1 Like

Dear @rickyg32
I tested and DOES NOT WORK!
Android 5.1 Lollipop
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Android 7.1 Nougat

From version 8 onwards, it starts working !

It is very important to say that I tested with Samsung TAB A6 (SM-T285)

Now I’m starting to test the radio range!

Tks all!

2 Likes

Dear @gnitzan
I’m very glad for your help!

Thank you very much!

1 Like