Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

its a brilliant system Theo you will love it,Cao is so supportive on here and 99% of the guys on here are brilliant,welcome to the Skydroid family

Don{t worry Cao, We much appreciate your support, many of Us are hobbist and not easy to get a long range ship and permissions, I made esffords on that way to share with community but many difficults appears, If anyone regularly fly so long distances for work, suppose to have the adecuate ships and your equipment great price dont looks a problem to buy one, give a try and share with the community that let him know about the radio, help with instructions etc. so something sounds strange here.

1 Like

Yes Ale he said he had a company so $300 for a radio is nothing

Easy people lets keep the hostility to a minimum. This is a free world and your allowed to agree or disagree. @Verloop has questions and concerns no different then anyone else. Lets keep the spirit positive and do what we can to support each other. That’s the foundation of this hobby.

@upupisnotdown welcome to the club.
We have a manual created by the community if you need it let me know.I have a dropbox folder with the manual and all the recent software.
We also have a facebook group that your welcome to join. You will find the vender very helpful as is the community in general. Please be aware that Skydroid is not a sales rep and does not speak English so can be a bit slow to respond and everything is through a translation app so communication is a bit slow. But he always answers.

You should know there is a new version of the Skydroid system coming out next month. IT has all the same features as teh M12L but not the distance,.however it has integrated video. Meaning no separate transmitter and receiver system. It’s a digital signal that is mixed with the RC signal. Something that sounds very interesting.

anyway welcome and remember fold. We are all in this together.

3 Likes

Please respect the forum Terms of Service https://discuss.ardupilot.org/faq

2 Likes

@rickyg32 you are no doubt right and I apologize if my snarkiness was too much, I just find that there are many better ways to voice your doubts and that just pushed my buttons. Moving on!

The upcoming system is what I’m most excited - I have been flying a tricopter mostly and played with some diy gimbals. I am designing a vtol tiltrotor to use as an rtk photogrammetry platform (this is more of a hobby endeavour, sadly my actual job has nothing to do with UAVs). I feel no love for DJI but their downlinks and tiny controllers are quite awesome and this system looks like a great option!

I’m wondering though, sorry if I missed it in the info- is the video downlink over 5.8 analog or perhaps digital? Seems so from the few videos I found about the standalone usb receiver?

1 Like

Your project sounds exciting. I would love to see how you progress.
Re your question about the USB receiver, that system is a standard Analog 5.8Ghz. I assume your referring to this item.

This is basically an analog 5.8ghz receiver with a USB UVC interface. That interface makes it easier to connect to a tablet or pc by removing the need for the capture device.

Now the Skydroid T10 system that comes out next month uses Digital video. It’s important to note that it requires a special FPV camera that uses high rate serial video data. It DOES NOT support standard cameras. So if your just wanting to use an FPV camera your good to go. IF your looking to switch between the FPV camera and say a Gimbal camera…your out of luck. Also the T10 has a 5km range not the 60km advertised range the M12L has.

The T10 gives you the DJI Phantom type controller with the video embedded function with out being a slave to DJI.

2 Likes

Welcome Thero, nice proyect, Im building a vtol too to fly with this system and We have an expert in vtols Greg in this group too :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Yes! I actually found @GregCovey 's Volantex Ranger project and that’s how I got started! I have him to thank for the 2m monster crowding up my small apartment!

I wonder though if it could be possible to use an Rpi or similar to encode a video input for example with the PiCapture hat and so have multiple cameras available to use with the T10 digital downlink?

1 Like

@upupisnotdown That might be possible. I had thought perhaps one of the big brain folk out there might be able to figure out how to make a RPI translate. I would love that. But not something I can do.

1 Like

This is possible. You need to skip through this thread as it has evolved somewhat but you can use a picam switcher to have multiple cameras and you can get HD video to the ground.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2664393-EZ-WifiBroadcast-cheap-digital-HD-transmission-made-easy!

Edit. But i see this will fight with the skydroid system as they are on the same band. In fact it is a RC and video system in itself so maybe not the best suggestion.

2 Likes

Three new rx just arrived!!! :smiley:
My vtol under construction have rx now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice.
I want to order a couple more but don’t see them on AliExpress how did you buy them @cala2

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32952949326.html. I can see at Ali but I bought directly, I contact Cao by pm to pay with pay pal, He give me a Pay pal account and I pay directly and give Him a shipping adress, you dont have track number like this but arrives perfect and nice protected envelope. So happy :slight_smile: .
Now searching the binding video and updating them .

1 Like

Thanks I found them and ordered another. I have a small X8 I am going to build for kicks. Once we get moved this year I want to work on a VTOL.

2 Likes

need to order an other receiver as well have just started work on a VTOL enjoying the building of it

1 Like

Nice , welcome to vtol M12L club :slight_smile:

1 Like

its only a small VTOL but using M12 and Ardupilot so an interesting project

1 Like

Mine is small too, a minitalon.

1 Like

$40 for US shipping?!

1 Like