Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

Thingverse is great. But they have no SkyDroid stuff so not sure what they can do. I am ordering my printer shortly and will work the design up till satisfactory, then I suppose share it on thingverse.
But at the moment it’s time to learn.

2 Likes

I’ve used 3DHubs and even with all the parts, mostly downloaded from Thingiverse, I’ve had printed through this service, I don’t think I’ve spent the cost of purchasing one.

1 Like

Happy New Year one and all.

3 Likes

There is something to be said about having things printed by a service like that. They also are problematic sometimes, like when you get a clog in the nozzle - no fun. BUT, when it is working, it is really something to see it laying down the plastic! I really enjoy that.

2 Likes

I think is an hipnotic effect lol

2 Likes

I can’t wait…work shop hypnosis. I love it.
For me I like to design and build so the printer will be handy. I ordered it today.

So I have the UVA receiver from Skydroid now. I will let you all know how it works out. So far it’s pretty cool.

3 Likes

Looking forward to your review on that it looks a very cool feature

Ok so I started messing with the Skydroid UVA receiver…First off it seems UVA is the version with Audio in case anyone is curious.

So I saw a video that @SKYDROID did on mounting the receiver on the handheld unit. The space under the tablet mount is a good spot for it. In fairness to Cao he is using a phone and I am using a tablet.

So I used some self adhesive velcro to help keep the receiver in place. I may look into a 3d printed mount…cause what the heck, after 30 years of 2d drawing it’s time to branch out.

So the velcro works. Well at least it keeps the unit from sliding out.
However there are some issues with mounting it there. First up is the USB cable that comes with the receiver bumps into the handheld units frame causing the receiver to not sit securely.

I then tried a right angle USB OTG cable but that hits the frame as well, even if you move the receiver to the right.

So I went back to the original cable and with my heat gun I warmed the cord and flexed it a bit and that helped.
I then mounted my tablet, but that didn’t work well as the cord is to short and when the tablet is raised up enough to allow my hands under it to touch the controls it pulls the receiver out of place. Plus I can see the cable interfering with my hands.

so I ordered a longer OTG cable but I have yet to find one that is 90 degree and long.
Also I think my tablet is a bit heavy and still causes the support to fold down a bit.

3 Likes

have you managed to try it for reception yet and thank you for that updare Captain lol

I have used it for reception…but only bench testing. I am not at the field again till this coming sunday.

1 Like

Thanks, Ricky. I look forward to more info. I want to put a camera on my mower but I think I want to be able to see the video on a computer, not a tablet. I assume I could use this system
with the receiver connected to USB on a computer and use some video capture program to view and record. Any comments on this or a better way from anyone would be appreciated. I have not really researched the possibilities yet. I should also say that I have the possibility of having 802.11 wifi coverage for my entire area (something I want to do eventually anyway), so I have thought of just a Raspberry Pi with a camera streaming on the network.

1 Like

Kenny, you can see video in your pc with Mission planner or any other video capture soft, What do you think guys to open a new post about video receiver? I have one too near to test, too busy harvesting now but I test soon too, I recive one 1w Tx now to try.

2 Likes

I support a new post. I know we (maybe just I) have taken this stream off the original topic for sure. I sure like “chatting” with you guys, though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one’s almost a foot long. Would that work or you need something longer than that?

Good luck.

1 Like

I am up with the idea of a separate post on the subject of Skydroid Video over USB.
Here is the new thread.

@rollys I looked at that cable but I need a Micro USB to Micro USB and that’s a Micro to C I think but thanks for the suggestion. If it would work I would grab one because the format is great.

@ktrussell @MartyMcFly @cala2

2 Likes

The link I gave you was for Micro to Micro. If it’s not showing up that way, there are icons below the price of the different types available. There’s C, Lightning and Micro. I know cuz I bought all three. I use the micro to micro on a LightBridge1 and Galaxy Tab A.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hey @rollys I looked up that version and in Canada it’s 46 bucks…yikes,…but I found another version for 8…thanks for steering me in that direction.

1 Like

I didn’t think about that. Yes the link I referred to was in the US. Glad you found the right from your side.

Good luck.

1 Like

I use one of these to connect my OTG hub to Tower (Android ).

2 Likes

I was planning to start range tests last week, but temperature has been around -23C. Also here is daylight 4 hours per day. Early this week was -4C but wind was 17- 25m/s and it snowed 50 CM more snow. Winter is not friend of drones

3 Likes