Kakute f7 AIO and arducopter 3.6

Anton, been there, done that. Don’t know what 2019 bearings in the 5010’s look like, but back in 2015-ish they were apalling. Most of my RcTimer 5010’s ended up with new bearings after just a handful of flights.
Camera shaking was pretty low-frequency, given sthe prop size and low voltage. Intermittent jello that was hard to damp against. Switching to 360 kV 5010’s on 6S, with the same 1555 props and some silicone-rubber PC hard-drive grommets made the jello way more manageable., but I didn’t have fast-firing MOSFETs back then and BlHeli32 logic to help.
All things considered, I don’t think you’ll have a hard time tuning and flying it.

I had these 5010-530 motors on a previous quad a couple of years ago, they were ok.
6S would be good but I think HakRC ESCs can handle 5S max…

I just received my Kakute F7 AIO and I found soon a problem with current sensor, it always shows the same value of 0.39 Ah. I tried also Betaflight and the problem is the same, giving gas the current value doesn’t increase. I’m not the first with this problem, do you know a possible solution?

I take it SD card logging still does not work? I run 3.7.0-dev.
Also, my quad (680mm H4) seems a bit too twitchy with default PIDs and running Autotune made it increase oscillations and spiral into the ground. Reducing rate P to 0.08 and Stab P to 3.5 (from default 4.5) did not help much. Any suggestions on what should I look at next? I was lucky to crash-land into the grass a few times but I’d like to stop that.

SD card issue solved by flashing today’s version of firmware.

hi, i would try to exchange the unit. i have 3 models on the AIO controller and on all of them current sensor works fine.
if it helps - here is a batt_monitor params from it.

BATT_AMP_OFFSET 0 V Voltage offset at zero current on current sensor
BATT_AMP_PERVLT 31.3 A/V Number of amps that a 1V reading on the current sensor corresponds to. With a Pixhawk using the 3DR Power brick this should be set to 17. For the Pixhawk with the 3DR 4in1 ESC this should be 17.
BATT_ARM_MAH 0 mAh Battery capacity remaining which is required to arm the aircraft. Set to 0 to allow arming at any capacity. Note that execept for smart batteries rebooting the vehicle will always reset the remaining capacity estimate, which can lead to this check not providing sufficent protection, it is recommended to always use this in conjunction with the @
BATT_ARM_VOLT 0 V Battery voltage level which is required to arm the aircraft. Set to 0 to allow arming at any voltage.
BATT_CAPACITY 1500 mAh Capacity of the battery in mAh when full
BATT_CRT_MAH 0 mAh Battery capacity at which the critical battery failsafe is triggered. Set to 0 to disable battery remaining failsafe. If the battery capacity drops below this level the vehicle will perform the failsafe specified by the @
BATT_CRT_VOLT 14 V Battery voltage that triggers a critical battery failsafe. Set to 0 to disable. If the battery voltage drops below this voltage continuously for more then the period specified by the @
BATT_CURR_PIN 12 -1:Disabled 3:Pixhawk/Pixracer/Navio2/Pixhawk2_PM1 14:Pixhawk2_PM2 101:PX4-v1 Sets the analog input pin that should be used for current monitoring.
BATT_FS_CRT_ACT 2 0:None 1:Land 2:RTL 3:SmartRTL or RTL 4:SmartRTL or Land 5:Terminate What action the vehicle should perform if it hits a critical battery failsafe
BATT_FS_LOW_ACT 2 0:None 1:Land 2:RTL 3:SmartRTL or RTL 4:SmartRTL or Land 5:Terminate What action the vehicle should perform if it hits a low battery failsafe
BATT_FS_VOLTSRC 0 0:Raw Voltage 1:Sag Compensated Voltage Voltage type used for detection of low voltage event
BATT_LOW_MAH 0 mAh Battery capacity at which the low battery failsafe is triggered. Set to 0 to disable battery remaining failsafe. If the battery capacity drops below this level the vehicle will perform the failsafe specified by the @
BATT_LOW_TIMER 10 s 0 120 This is the timeout in seconds before a low voltage event will be triggered. For aircraft with low C batteries it may be necessary to raise this in order to cope with low voltage on long takeoffs. A value of zero disables low voltage errors.
BATT_LOW_VOLT 14.2 V Battery voltage that triggers a low battery failsafe. Set to 0 to disable. If the battery voltage drops below this voltage continuously for more then the period specified by the @
BATT_MONITOR 4 0:Disabled 3:Analog Voltage Only 4:Analog Voltage and Current 5:Solo 6:Bebop 7:SMBus-Maxell 8:UAVCAN-BatteryInfo 9:BLHeli ESC 10:SumOfFollowing Controls enabling monitoring of the battery’s voltage and current
BATT_SERIAL_NUM -1 Battery serial number, automatically filled in for SMBus batteries, otherwise will be -1. With UAVCAN it is the battery_id.
BATT_VOLT_MULT 10.95432 Used to convert the voltage of the voltage sensing pin (@
BATT_VOLT_PIN 13 -1:Disabled 2:Pixhawk/Pixracer/Navio2/Pixhawk2_PM1 13:Pixhawk2_PM2 100:PX4-v1 Sets the analog input pin that should be used for voltage monitoring.

hi, try to check this param file and try setting same filters frequencies or simply try it as is, as it is from a simlar craft, only motors are 920kv.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IHDlPFdQk0ZTU4eCJL0HLX_MoAu62ZSu/view?usp=sharing

btw, i second the 360 kV on 6S advice.

Thanks for that. That’s quite strong PIDs you have here… I wandered if my quad overcompensates but maybe not… I’ll try something similar.

I agree on 360kV+6S but as I mentioned before my ESCs are rated to 5S only :frowning:
With the current setup I hover at around 40% throttle with a brick of a 10Ah battery.

Any log gurus here? I just don’t understand why it crashes EVERY. TIME.???
As soon as I turn Autotune on, it just increases oscillations and eventually does a weird spin/flip (like following an inside of an inverted cone) and crashes.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fHxhvTTtU64GR-ExLVhl_gb4-KQJRZ8U

here is your vibrations, screenshot.
the ESC data shows rpm drop at 06:38:10.11 - that was the crash, i would guess. prior to that vibrations escalate.
how do you have Fc mounted? is it sitting on rubber grommets? are props balanced?
and, is that all happening with my entire params file loaded, or with something else?

you may try setting autotune_aggr to 0.050 and setting roll and pitch filters to 20… dunno. vibrations should not have been getting that high.

Thanks Paul,
The motors and props are reasonably balanced however mounting of the FC is on the regular stand-offs. I was under impression that gyro has it’s own soft dampener?
What’s strange is that vibrations increase during the flight. Is it normal? I thought they would be pretty constant (to a degree) and maybe changing with motor RPM?

Ok, That’s a partial success:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M4Rpc15BtOXHh_ZTNEOmuccGszXHXVrz
Unfortunately towards the end of yaw tuning BOTH battery straps gave and battery got ejected and the quad went down. Shit. At least nothing got damaged…

with an initial untuned model it is difficult to expect the whole autotune process to complete clean from a first try.

as you get closer to proper pids - the faster process will go, so it helps to cut process into pieces, i usually first do pitch tune - by altering the autotune_axes param - then roll, and after that set it to 7 and run the whole thing.

speaking of kakute - always mount FC on mateks rubber posts (or similar) - it works the best this way, to have double isolation of the IMU.
cannot find good set on amazon now, find same but with a 10 or 15 posts in a set.

it is very important to have this done as real vibrations you will get when this model starts going full throttle at 20-30 m/s. if vibrations are not checked - in the pos hold it may end up giving full throttle to all motors and propelling into the sky, so, have a kill switch handy or switch to stab mode immediately to counteract that.

like this, for an example. FC sits firm, but on rubber posts. too much flex is also bad.

M3 standoffs:

I actually suspended it on rubber o-rings on all 4 corners and put some earplugs on the bottom and foam on top. Will take a picture later.

Do you use 4-in-1 ESC? Where are you connecting it?

Paul…I wonder if you could repost those files…the Google Drive links are dead. Thanks.

Bill

Hey Guys,
I plan to build a 3d printed mavic clone. Therefore I would to connect a benewake lidar. It this possible with the kakute f7?
Thank you

It’s a UART interface right? Why not?