Jumper Xiake 800 Flight Controller

Simon, did you get the yaapu telemetry to work on the t-pro ? I cant get it yo recognise any of the telemetry elements

1 Like

My t pro stopped workingā€¦ I use my tarranis with crossfire nanoā€¦

Yeah, youā€™re telling me. It is dang near uncontrollable yaw wise in qstab. This last one landed me in a tree. I think the tune may be part of it, and the compass may be the other. I donā€™t care if it hunts a little bit, but it is nearly completely uncontrollable.

If youā€™re too high it starts yawing round and drifting with the windā€¦ And is hard to controlā€¦ Iā€™ve found the best way to land it is aim for yourself at about 10 metres in height and change to qstablized then landā€¦ You can transition back to hover lower than you thinkā€¦ The lower you are the easier it is to land it

Received mine the other week, excited to give it a go but no success at all.
Updated the ELRS RX and bound to my Radiomaster with no issues at all
Setup TX and Arduplane as per the instructions from Painless 360/Lee, all good
Took it out for a test flight using a 4s LiIon packā€¦

1st flight was a short climb out and successful transition and then back into hover and land so was feeling rather pleased. 2nd flight did the same again and on transition it did flips and crashed, fortunately no damage apart from broken props.
Replaced props with some 6x4ā€™s and went to try again.
3rd flight did climb out and all of a sudden it browned out, got telemetry lost on the TX and it glided to the ground inverted landing with no damage. Tried again and stayed in a low hover and again after about 1.5 mins it browned out and dropped to the ground. Removed canopy to see FC booting up and RX binding.

So as others have experienced Iā€™m getting the FC browning out consistently which to me makes it too dangerous to fly. Not sure what to do but have a few thoughts:

• should I plough money into it fitting the Matek VTOL board
  • fit a BEC for the FC and RX
  • fit a capacitor to the 5v supply to the FC
  • or return it as itā€™s just not fit for purpose as itā€™s sold

I appreciate itā€™s sold at a price point but it should at least work as expected and not be dangerous to the degree where it will fall out of the sky.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

After my crash, I canā€™t connect to mission planner and my rx wonā€™t boot up. It wonā€™t connect to the rx or the computer. I am at a loss. I didnā€™t want to give up on this FC, but I may have to stick a speedybee in it. Which sucks, this thing is supposed to be RTF and it is far from that.

Yeah, I realize that now especially, but I should be able to have somewhat control in yaw should I not? I should have to hold full left yaw and as soon as I let off, it spins. It does it on takeoff too.

1 Like

Does anyone have any thoughts on using the dji uart for a 433 telemetry radio or maybe even even just a ble module. Iā€™m

running analogue with a tbs sixty9 inside atop the FC, so accessing the usb is a pain. That said i dont want to over stress the FC, im seeing people having issues with brownouts and resets mid flightā€¦ i dont want that living next to the beachā€¦

I would be interested to hear from Jumper @tinyspot on why there are so many problems with this product and if jumper has any plans to do anything about it?

@tinyspot can you confirm the CG point please?

Has anyone used this F405 Pixhawk as listed in Jumper Xiake spare parts?

ļæ”0.95 | New Jumper Xiake 800 accessory parts vertical takeoff and landing 800mm FPV flat BNF RTF ELRS remote
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ez5Qg9X

Mine is fine on takeoff only get it when landing

I havnt used it but i wouldnā€™t be suprised if its riddled with problems like other stuff they produce. After my experience with this xiake800 i wouldnā€™t be buying any more of their stuff. Will likely be putting a matek fc into the xiake800 i already have.

@tinyspot disappeared quickly after the problems were exposed, like a Chinese knock-off of a STmicro processor and dodgy servos, and I wonder what if any support Jumper is giving to this. Still no vendors in the US even from the Jumper retailers. Not on their website is it?

I donā€™t know how much it is going to piss you all off, but it has been brought to my attention that they are offering upgraded/updated flight controllers and PDB boards. If only they would have offered this initially. Iā€™m personally not going to spend nearly $100 to fix something they should have got right in the first place. I donā€™t even know if this is getting shipped with new planes yet, as I ordered mine the end of last month and it got the old style equipment.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805396599084.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

Also, it looks like your best course of action is to buy the foam, and the motor plastic and hardware for about $45 plus shipping then use your own electronics. It takes $3 servos, and you can add the two front motors and all ESCs for another $50. Buy yourself a speedybee wing and either use their tilt servos for $20 or source your own and it looks like you need to find your own tail motor which is a 2300kv, but those are just emax 2205/2300kv knock offs that are $6-7.

It looks like you could make your own with better equipment for less than buying the ā€œRTFā€ plane from them.

One wonders what this Flight Controller is? The mystery unit on Aliexpress with no specs?

I think this thing is a bust and not worth building around.

Yeah, if you want to build a foam one of these, it is probably best to ā€œbuild your own kitā€ from them and do it like that. Iā€™m personally not going to pay to upgrade to their second mystery flight controller. Seriously, had I known this was based on a 3D printed plane, I would have just printed that and had a nice life. I didnā€™t know, alas I am here.

I am hoping by emailing jumper support they can come through with some help or maybe they will offer me a steeply discounted FC/PDB that I could try and report back. I am definitely not paying full price for more questionable crap. IMHO they should have had all of it sorted out before releasing it as an RTF plane, and given I ordered my kit less than a month ago, I feel it should have had the new stuff in it. It looks like the failure rate on the first gen stuff is at least 50% for one reason or another.

For sale, the Chinese cure for sleeping sicknessā€¦

Six oā€™clock this morning the neighbours dog was on duty howling patrol and the wind was being favourable so with charged battery and Chinese yaapu voices I set out to commit foam to the heavens. Less than ten seconds my flight lasted before my craft entered a failsafe and gently floated to the ground. During the illustrious first bound for the great blue yonder the cpu had reset twice and the 5v bec had decided the sunny South of Kent was far to much for it at this time of the morning and it decided to off in the general direction of God knows where.

Long story short I are been mostly getting my little Xiake today and making it fresh entrails. This time however using known components. I will be drafting a stern email to them at jumper. Fancy making electronics out of cheese and fairy dustā€¦

In an attempt at transparency and completeness i thought i would share the remainder if my story.

I reached out to Jumper via Aliexpress yesterday setting out that although i had purchased a PnP aircraft this as received was unfortunatly far from thatā€¦ It would appear on closer inspection that two of the servos need to be replaced. One has a stripped spot one a spot where it binds. Thats the simple bit. The flight controller is just not robust enough to cope. The voltage regulators on the PDB gave out at first signs of stress causing the boad to failsafe. It was unusable.

As such i wanted a refund.

The thing is, i actually really liked the idea, the concept behind it. I know it was ā€œstolenā€ but it didnt smash into a million pieces when i failed eitherā€¦ i like the modularity, the storage box, the wing retention. Someone has put a lot of time and thought into that. And i like planksā€¦

I could have just thrown my rattle out of my pram and demanded a full refund and slated them all over the place. I actually think the plane is quite good, well i hope it is ive not flown it yetā€¦ Instead i thought what is the foam, the motors, esc, hardware all worth, minis the FC and PDB. I presented that to Jumper and asked for a partial refund to enable me to make the product right. Within a matter of hours they accepted this and the refund has been issued.

Yes i am having to invest some more of my own money into this project, but only to the tune of about Ā£20 but it will now have a very competent, high quality, future proof, robust flight control system that will hopefully be able to take this potential lemon and make it blossom like the beautiful rose that it was destined to be. Yes i will have to speand a lot of time effectively building this model from scratch now. But time is what i have an abundance of. I relish these opportunities to fill it.

I will update with how the build process continuesā€¦

1 Like

Hi all,

Beginner guy here. can anyone recommend some reliable servos for the motor tilts and ailerons?

Are the ecsā€™ in this thing reliable or would it be wise to change these too?

Thanks in advance!