Jumper Xiake 800 Flight Controller

Both control and video signal look poor there. How have you positioned your antennas? Are they away from the battery and correctly orientated?

I plan to buy this Xiake and install a Git2P action cam (90 degree FOV) for aerial mapping. what do you think, guys? Thanks

The RC antenna is placed vertically at the base of the wing (see photo), and the VTX is integrated with the camera and placed in the nose, with 200mw output. Do you have any good ideas? Thank you very much.

Google Photos

Is the ELRS antenna clear of the prop there? Make sure the antenna is properly connected to the rx.

Hi. Any news on that?

1 Like

Yes, the antenna is firmly fixed to the rx.

I would like to know if the antenna is in a location that interferes with other communication devices or if erls RX or FC configuration is the cause of the malfunction. For example, I have seen messages during the flight that frequently switch the packet rate of the link to this RX, is this the cause of the above problem? Has anyone else had this problem in the past?
The drone has no problems flying vertically horizontal or switching between both modes, and if the above is cleared up, I would like to try an automatic takeoff and landing mission.

Unfortunately, not till now. The weather in Switzerland & Germany is atrocious.

2 Likes

Oh, pity. My problem here isn’t even the weather but the lack of time at the moment.

1 Like

I had unfortunately bought this and then later found out the history while looking for a support group.
Anyway, I came to terms that I need to replace the FC.
I now have a Matek-VTOL FC/PDB combo loaded with the latest Ardupilot.
-Air speed sensor
-Neo10 GPS & Compass module
-Lidar ( for later )
-ELRS RX
-SIK Telemetry Radios
-NanoVNA-H Vector Network Analyzer ( going to make my own 915Mhz & 2.4GHZ DiPole Antenna ((learning experience))

I think this should be fine for a fun VTOL thing. I like how it breaks down. Hope after some tuning that it locks in well.

Mad props to the OG inventor and all the work.
if there is something I can do to make up for buying the clone, let me know.

-Dave

Could you share your configuration dump?
I would be also interested where and how did your mount the air speed sensor.
Thank you very much in advance!

Hi Dave, can you post a copy of your parameter file…for the matek f405-vtol set-up… trying to do the same… thanks

1 Like

Same here, the parm file will be appreciated as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey , have not had a chance to configure it yet, but I will be basically following Painless 360’s video on how he setup his Heewing ranger to begin with.

Over the weekend I 3D Scanned the Jumper Canopy.
3D model is at Printables Canopy 3D Model

I have included the .STEP model you anyone can add their Vent design into it.

2 Likes

The main problem with the original canopy was that only very small batteries fit, besides the missing vents…

2 Likes

if needed someone should be able to stretch the canopy 3d model taller etc to fit the Battery better, while leaving the mounting frame intact.

Just get this one Jumper Xiake 800 Canopy & FC holder by maro0016 - Thingiverse

2 Likes

The way that one fits is what got me to 3D scan mine for a better fit. People have a few options now.

1 Like

That’s my starting point as well. Thanks for the canopy BTW, I have the one by maro0016 and it is fine but I appreciate the better fit.

1 Like

I myself make slowly progress, but have currently issues with oscillation in vertical flight mode. Was anyone already able to get it properly flying?