Jumper Xiake 800 Flight Controller

I would probably be there with you on swapping out the FC, although I would use an H743, but these are not readily available in the US and less so in Mexico where I am at present. No way would I pay the shipping going rate for this plane and the Jumper distributors here must not want this thing.

Any specific reason to use the H743?

No feature limitations, latest supported tech, futureproof. I realize you donā€™t need an H7 to fly this plane but itā€™s what I would buy for any craft today. Ardupilot features are only increasing so a fast processor with 2mb flash doesnā€™t hurt.

Edit-A good argument for the vtol/wing boards is they have useful BECā€™s. Certainly a consideration for some applications.

You are 100% correct. In this case, I just decided to buy this board because it was featured in a series about VTOL on Painless360ā€™s youtube channel.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a good choice.

Iā€™m working on replacing the original FC with it right now but I had to order a servo extension as the ones I have around are either too short or too long.

I installed a new FC & it works at the bench fine. I went at first with a F405 VTOL - if I loose this plane like the last one itā€™s then not such an issue. The second plane I own will probably get a H743. I have now to add the FPV camera & mount the gps and wait for better weather. I will share the configuration when Iā€™m sure it works :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, please do share. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Do you have any news on that?

I work 100% and have family ā†’ probably Saturday or Sunday :wink:. Weather is than also fine.

Cool. Can you just send the current configuration so I can double-check mine?

Good that I didnā€™t give it to you. I did today at first test and it did an Insta flip. As the motors are spinning in the right direction, I assume the reason is a wrong motor mapping. (The flight controller points in the right direction too)
ā€”> I checked & the motor mapping was wrong

Ouch! I hope it didnā€™t take any damageā€¦ I have mine almost done here, just waiting for your feedback to finish and test it.

1 Like

How to start video recording on Air unit ? . I brought the video to the avatar glasses . the points are recorded , but the unit does not write to the air unit block

There is a menu entry on the googles. Something like start automatically recording. You have to select there the air unit or both

you can learn more about how to connect and run on the video block .

I created a discord server for Jumper Xiaoke 800. You can join the server to discuss the problems of Xiaoke 800

Why not discuss them here?

4 Likes

Jumper used a non-standard IPEX4 connector on this receiver, instead of the common u.fl/IPEX1 connector. These receivers also have incorrectly specā€™d/loaded XOs, so they suffer from potential link loss due to frequency offset (Crystal Oscillator (XO) Frequency Error - ExpressLRS). I would recommend using a different receiver.

2 Likes

I just got my Xiake 800 this month.
Then I set up the various settings in MP and successfully made the transition to horizontal mode, but I have a few issues I would like to resolve. I have not changed the FC or the radios (Jumper T-pro and ELRS RX) on my drone except to install an analog 5.8Ghz FPV camera. I would like some ideas from you guys.

1. My Qloit is not stable.
    It has difficulty maintaining coordinates, including altitude, and is very blurry. I am not confident to test automatic takeoff and landing in this condition. Is there any good way to tune the Qstab so it is stable? Wind speed during testing was about 3-4 m/s.

2. Radio range may be too short.
    I am using ELRS for the first time on this aircraft and it is supposed to have a long range but the sensitivity drops after about 100m sight distance. Is there a problem with my radio settings?

I will share the flight log (only logged halfway through due to full internal memory) and the FPV video with OSD.
I look forward to any advice you guys can give me.

Log:

Movie: