Jumper Xiake 800 Flight Controller

Hi Marc (The Room feelings…)

Did you upgrade the FC to the F405 VTOL? If so, would you mind send some information about wiring and the parameters? I just got mine but I haven’t used ardupilot in ages so I’m a bit lost here.
Thanks in advance.

Following is my first flight of Xiake 800 in the living room.

1 Like

Just an update with my hw watchdog with compass calibration. As I had nothing to loose with this flight controller Ive swapped the MCU with one salvaged from another matek board. this has allowed compass calibration. I compiled dev 4.4 BL flashed onto new chip everything appears as it should be however I am no programmer, Ha ha… It can be done there is space on this board to work ok but its delicate work

4 Likes

I also ordered Matek 405 for swapping FC.

Today, I tested the QHover and QLoiter mode even though Xiake 800 has no compass. Result is not bad, not good.

1 Like

Guys, is there a right way to remove the controller? I’ll replace mine with the Matek 405 vtol but can’t find a way to remove the old one without the impression I’m going to rip the foam.

2 Likes

The stock FC is mounted on two very sticky gel pad strips.i would suggest warming the glue on them with a hair dryer, then prying it off the foam.

I ordered the flight controller F405-VTOL and GPS M8Q-5883. Am I doing the right thing?

1 Like

That is a good combination. I would go with an H7 based board but that should work fine.

Getting the glue really cold will also work. One of my Xiake arrived with the FC unstuck since it was so cold here in Idaho.

A can of compressed air (the stuff with liquid inside) should do the job. Stick the long red tube between the two sticky strips and give it a couple of shots with the can upside down. This should harden the glue. (It may take multiple shots of the cold liquid.)

Can someone confirm this PCB has the correct chip to replace the clone?

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/474-DEV-17713

I can’t find the bare chips for sale and this PCB is the cheapest option I’ve found so far.

In the end, I had to stick a screwdriver beneath the FC case via the camera opening. It made a mark in the foam but nothing major.

What do you say if I install the F405 flight controller, is it possible to flash it with the settings from the original controller?

I believe at least the Q_ parameters, the channel mappings will change because the hardware is different but don’t quote me on that, I’m learning it myself.

1 Like

I would not suggest loading a saved (or posted) parameters file from the old FC. Flash the latest Stable version of Arduplane, enable the Q parameters and then update the parameters manually from the saved parameters file. At least that’s how I would do it. A text editor like Winmerge (or online versions) helps with this using file compare.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I did the maiden flight of this little bird. It flies well, but I ran into two issues:

1. It does “backflips” when performing the transition from Q_Stab to FBWA or Accro:

It doesn’t always happen, but it’s often doing one or more backflips, like in this video:

After the flip(s) it flies normally. Nothing else seems wrong while flying, so I guess it’s something specific to the transition phase.

1. The Rx antenna connector doesn’t seem to be a standard U.FL connector. I damaged the stock antenna, and I wanted to replace with some “elrs antenna” I ordered, but the connector is too big. Is the smaller U.FL connector something standard? Can I find an antenna that would work? Or do I need to swap the Rx as well?

I had the same flip when I was testing Q_HOVER and Q_STAB so I guess it is not only during the transition to horizontal flight. Fortunately, I was very low and over high grass so no damage was made. After that, I decided to ditch the controller and use a Matek VTOL instead. I’m right now working on how to install it.

Interesting. In my case I think it’s just during the transition, I had no problem in plane or Q modes.

I’m going to dig a bit more before I swap the FC, I bought this plane so I could have something that flies right of the box, I don’t want to tweak it that much.

I found something quite interesting here: QuadPlane flips during transition - #39 by Robel_Efrem

I did not check the CG before flying (I know…), so perhaps that’s the reason.

2 Likes

Has anyone here already replaced the FC with the Matek F405 VTOL? I’m doing this right now and would like to exchange information. I’m unfamiliar with Arduplane and would like a better idea about which channels to connect the motors, servos, and other sensors. I understand this is mapped on the Matek page but would like to have some confirmation.
Thanks in advance

Where exactly is the CG from the Xiake 800? Mine has also backflip the first test flight just like Adilson in Q_Stab. mode, and it crashed. I broke one of the props.

No i was wrong. I think if the front tiltmotors switch too fast and the backmotor is not off yet. I think the plane wil flip not back but foreward