Is there way to disable compass?

Im thinking to fly pixhawk quadcopter on high magnetic interference area.

There will be safe measures and there is no hazard with flying, so there only remains compass error problem.

I want to use only gyro sensor for sensing direction,

Not using compass.

I found this link

Is this still work?

The best way to do that AFAIK is to use the latest ArdCopter 4.1.0-dev (latest github version). It has a GSF that can AFAIK work without a compass.

Try switching EK2/3_MAG_CAL to 2, use heading fusion all the time, it is working well in my case so far, i am also in trouble with varying magnetic fields on small quadcopter.

But @tridge told me that one need well calibrated compass and need to make sure not much magnetic interference from motors to fly safely.

The best way to do that AFAIK is to use the latest ArdCopter 4.1.0-dev (latest github version). It has a GSF that can AFAIK work without a compass.

@amilcarlucas I don’t know much about this feature, but i am really interested in working with it and like to compare it with simple heading fusion, what you think this approach is better than using simple heading fusion ?

Thank you for your reply.

Is GSF similar to EKF?

Is it kind of new software filter…?

Thank you for your reply.

And i also like umaru(In your profile photo)

1 Like

Here are GSF infos:
https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-compassless.html

2 Likes

This is interesting, will test it soon on my small quadcopters but documentation should not be under plane category, i got confused at first, thought it might be meant for just planes