Integration of ArduPilot and VIO tracking camera (Part 1): Getting started with the Intel Realsense T265 on Rasberry Pi 3B

Go to part 4 of this serie, its all explained

From part 4, I can understand that the confidence value is used only to stream it to GCS for the user to see but it’s not used by the EKF. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Maybe this PR can show you how it has been implemented

1 Like

Okay I’ll look into it

thanks @ppoirier

Chào Thiện. Mình là Bảo, mình rất thích học về lĩnh vực UAV và rất quan tâm đến dự án của bạn. Mong được sự hỗ trợ của bạn nhiều hơn. Cảm ơn bạn!

Hi Bao, glad to know you are interested in UAVs.
If you have any questions, feel free to say it here (in English) so that other forum members can help you too, or just send me a message.

Thanks Thien for your reply! How do I send you a message? I’m new member, so i wan’t to need your help. Thanks much!

Hello,
I have to trace red circles laid down on an open field by an autonomous drone.
The drone will take off from a fixed point, go to a specific height only and then start searching.
The area of the field is fixed.
Since the altitude is fixed, and the search area is also fixed, can I use a normal HD web camera on RasPi 4B 8GB for this purpose?
Can you please share the basic ROS nodes needed?
Camera-> OpenCV-> Detection.
After detection of the target circle, how do I navigate the drone to that point?
Kindly suggest me a way though this so that I can proceed with the hardware.

Hello,
This is not really related to ViO.
I suggest you start a new thread in Companion Computer Category section and explain in details what you want to do.

Hello, I am using T265 with Jetson NX. Every time when I am boot up the NX and T265, I get error saying “Error booting T265”, and “No RealSense devices were found!”. I can unplug and plug back the usb cable to resolve the issue, but it is annoying to do that every time I power cycle the drone. Is there anyway to fix that?

Thanks.

Hello, unfortunately that is an issue never resolved from Intel. There are some work around like using a smart USB hub so you can software control reboot the T265 but it adds weight and complexity.

Thanks very much for your kind response. Do you know any good substitute for t265?

ModalAI VOXL is a good alternative but it is more expensive