iFlight Beast F7 55A V2 AIO Flight Controller

You can use any TX pin

Awesome
I suspect then the Smart receiver can just be connected to the T4 and R4 connections here and I am done.

Thanks Andy

Ok Andy I flashed the device this morning.
No joy on that firmware you just sent me. However if I use the firmware in your Apr 4th post.

"Ok, now we are into guessing - try this

arducopter.apj.zip (589.6 KB)"

This works. I now have compass and GPS…and remarkably I have a 3d fix in the basement which shocks me. But that’s more GPS related.

However there is one odd observation. I used the motor test function to check motor spin.
My recollection was that it spins in this order and in fact I did confirm it via the wiki.

However it doesn’t work in this order. I goes in motor number order. 1 2 3 4.
I attached the param file in case your curious. I imagine I can just set the motor order up by changing the config but wanted to pass the information on to you first.
net scout build.param (18.0 KB)
arducopter.apj (779.1 KB)

I appreciate all your assistance with this. I can’t get over how much equipment I have pulled out of the quad now that I have decided to use this device. Sadly I dont’ think I can use Lua Scripts on it. But thats not a big deal.

@andyp1per

What happened?

Sorry I am not going to pursue whatever I sent you before - it was so long ago I forgot what I did. We will need to progress with the current firmware.

Hey Andy.
I get the fix forward idea. Makes sense.
So here is what happens with that firmware. Gives a config error and the get param hangs.
Let me know what I can do to assist.

Ok what happens with this version?

arducopter.apj (796.2 KB)

Same thing @andyp1per

Do you get the same error if you load the regular BeastF7 firmware?

I have no idea. Will give it a try.
I assume this is it.

I tried the Beast F7 in the image above and got this message

I wish I knew what your April 4th version had in it. IT works fine except for that weird motor ordering thing.

Hi guys I have the V2.1 board https://shop.iflight-rc.com/Beast-F7-55A-V2.1-AIO-MPU6000-25.5-25.5-1735
with NO Baro and Gyro: MPU6000 I tried all versions of firmware Beast F7 and beast F7v2 flash it with MP as well as betaflight but i get the same message with rickyg32 in MP

Any suggestion?

This is the only version I have found to work almost.
arducopter.apj.zip (590.0 KB)
There is an odd issue with motor ordering. But everything else works.

@andyp1per I tried the BeastF7 and the V2 version no joy.

Thanks RickyG, just flash it with MP using the version you upload, No luck…
I got the same error, expected as my board version V2.1 it does not have the Baro

Try this version:

arducopter.apj (790.9 KB)

No Joy Andy

However it didn’t hang on the get params this time.
It says not GPS but I am guessing that part of the driver issue.

I was lying in bed last night when it hit me. The FC is labeled for Betaflight not Arducopter. So the motor order on the board is wrong.
I tested each motor and determined what connection it’s attached to and moved them to what Arducopter was expecting. Now the motors spin in the right order and direction.
This is the order for Betaflight.

This is how they had to be connected.

The VTX, camera and OSD are working. Impressive and so easy to do.
The buzzer isn’t working and I assume this is an active buzzer.

Also need to fix the external I2C connected LED. It’s not working for some reason.
This is still with the Apr 4th code. No other packages so far have worked. While Andy works the Code I will continue with the build.

Ok, I have found some additional pin definitions I missed in the betaflight config, try this:

arducopter.apj (791.1 KB)

No Joy Andy
Gets past the param download again. So closer

This version?

arducopter.apj (798.4 KB)

Closer
It has the DPS310 Baro