iFlight Beast F7 55A V2 AIO Flight Controller

That works. Thank you Andy Wa hoooooooo

So one question @andyp1per is there an I2C port on this board and if so how do you find it.

1 Like

I have no idea because the pin mapping does not match what betaflight have. The way to tell is to see if USART3 works for you. If it does then we can turn it into I2C, if it doesn’t then I assume it uses the old pins from v1.

So let me see if I get what you mean.
If I can get UART3 working as a standard serial port. Say a GPS or some other device.
IF this works then you tweak the HWdef or something to make it run I2C…did I get close.

If so I would gladly go do that.

Yes, exactly that

More words

1 Like

Good morning Andy
Just thought I would report back on my testing this morning.

first up using this diagram from the Arducopter Wiki. I connected the Sbus from an X8R to R3 as described. I checked the serial protocol and it was already at 23 and then confirmed RC input was working just fine. Followed by a smiley face.

Next I connected a GPS to R3 and T3 on the lower corner

Powered the board and another smiley face. GPS works.
So the only thing left is I2C.
Then off to the races lol.
I did note the buzzer didn’t work. I connected one but no joy.

OK try this one:

arducopter.apj.zip (590.0 KB)

Setting
BRD_ALT_CONFIG=1 should give you I2C on USART3 pins

Buzzer will only work with active buzzer

Wa hoooo
Ok if I put the GPS on Serial 1 Uart 1.
It works. So I have GPS, compass and Barometer. I don’t think there is anything else I need but a little time now to build the machine.

Thanks ever so much @andyp1per

@dkemxr

1 Like

Tridge asked for some changes, can you try this version?

arducopter.zip (597.7 KB)

This gives me a config error. Looks like it can’t initialize the driver for INS…
I head to Mexico tonight so I can’t test anything else for about 10 days. But glad to assist where I can Andy.

Ok thanks - sounds like tridge’s approach may not work. We can pick it up when you get back.

Do you want to pick this up again?

For sure.
Let me know what you need me to do.

I’ll post some more firmware for you to try

1 Like

Can you try this one?

arducopter.zip (597.4 KB)

will do.
Just on my way out. She who should be obeyed has sent me on an errand but when I get back I will give it the old college try.

Hey all - I’m asking here because there seems to be knowledgeable people.
I put a GPS (880) on this board (iFlight Beast F7 55A V AIO FC) to get coordinates in Betaflight, and in the process I think I de-soldered/lost a resistor related to the OSD near all the VTX and UART 4 pads, here:

I was comparing images from this thread & my board and discovered that little guy missing.

I lost my & video feed going through the onboard OSD pads, but can confirm the VTX & camera work still, and it still flies fine so I’m relatively sure the rest of the board is still good.

Can anyone confirm that’s a resistor, and any guess to the resistance of it so I can replace it? I have a super fine tip soldering iron & soldering microscope, so it should be doable but I don’t want to fry something else in the process.

In other news, the GPS works great, but without OSD it’s not all that useful other than BF 2nd stage failsafe recovery.

Hey Andy @andyp1per
Sorry I sort of set this topic aside for a while. I have a copter that is flying a pixracer right now…but old ESC and other tech. Was thinking it would be a good candidate for upgrading to this FC.
So if you have a version worth testing I would be glad to do it. I have to tear the machine down and get it installed. But I am willing and have a couple free weeks.

Can you try this and let me know what happens?

arducopter.apj (796.2 KB)

Will do Andy
Thanks man.

Hey Andy
I have not uploaded the firmware yet as I am just getting the unit wired up. Wow what a reduction in parts going to this unit has made. wow
This is what I see as the wiring today for GPS and I2C.
But curious if you know if there is a telemetry port that would be functional. I want to add a smart receiver and it needs telem.

Cheers